Security Installer Community

Cable Tracer

rob walton

Mines a Tempo PTS 200, handy gadget, apparantly has a 7 mile coverage on a pair.

i don't go that far from my office :cold2:

:)

regs

alan

Thats why you need to go on a diet :P

cheers

i am - i see it i eat it!

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

There are some expensive testers out there i personally have a fluke DSP for cat5e/6 cabling but these are not cheap so it may be worth your while getting a pro in to run a proper test on your wiring breff :)

Its not me with the problem I've got a Fluke TDR/Network tester!!!!

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

There are some expensive testers out there i personally have a fluke DSP for cat5e/6 cabling but these are not cheap so it may be worth your while getting a pro in to run a proper test on your wiring breff :)

i've got 2 x 620's and a CAT6 tester :sothere:

:P

regs

alan

sorry breff i'm easily confused i meant to say that to Rob or was it dave .....i mean steve or maureen............so who gave me the twenty? :whistle:

Hi guys, I'm thinking of buying an ACT 620 Cable Tracer(i think thats the number, about 99 pounds). they claim it can find cables up to a meter away!!! anyone used one? also does anyone know if there is there a device that can locate a "short" in a cable.

cheers

I use the BT one which is quite old now but works.

I have seen the ACT tracers as Initial engineers have them. They are much better at tracing cables than mine. Mine tends to buzz for any electrical interference going but the ACT ones were very defined.

As with most ACT kit I think you can look around to find it cheaper especially if you know who makes it for them.

This also goes for the false ceiling gun, anybody used one of these yet? It fires a lumionus dart many metres through a false ceiling carrying a line behind it. I once knew an engineer who did the same sort of thing with a Crossbow :fear: . Funny enough he got sacked in the end.

Dave

sorry breff i'm easily confused i meant to say that to Rob or was it dave .....i mean steve or maureen............so who gave me the twenty? :whistle:

aaahhhhhhhh! - i'm not the ONLY one then :P

regs

alan

Archived