Security Installer Community

Rio Signal - Anyone

Guest MikeP

i think its a 0v and 5v pulse that is seen as 0's and 1's yes

but remember its balanced so its the difference that is measured

So if i stick my oscilloscope on it i will get a nice regualr pattern ?

Why ? what are you trying to do ?

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

i think its a 0v and 5v pulse that is seen as 0's and 1's yes

but remember its balanced so its the difference that is measured

Take it its the panel that measures the difference though..?

Why ? what are you trying to do ?

Just some general testing. What should i expect ?

all 485 devices will measure the difference so they know when to communicate on their interupt. But you are getting towards the edge of my knowledge on 485 maybe someone else you knows more should chime in, also maybe you should say what your trying to achieve as we may have already done it

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

all 485 devices will measure the difference so they know when to communicate on their interupt. But you are getting towards the edge of my knowledge on 485 maybe someone else you knows more should chime in, also maybe you should say what your trying to achieve as we may have already done it

So In summary Its rs 485 over say 2 cores. Digital signal 0 or 5 V pulsed read as 0s or 1s Balanced measured in panel. Multiplexed depending on application. ????? You sound like you know your RS-485 to me. Thanks alot, cleared up alot for me.

Panel and rio are 485 devices? Are there any 485 detectors?

eh?

Sorry, not the most technical ? so how about can you run rs485 down a 2 core.? What is rs 485 in basic terms. analog perhaps ?

If your an electronics engineer as you say you are you should know how it works as 485 is the basics :hmm::shifty:

lee

Lee Sutton

E-Mail: leesutton@centurianfire.co.uk

Phone: 0845 094 9870

CENTURIAN FIRE & SECURITY (part of centurian group limited)

eh?

Sorry, not the most technical ? so how about can you run rs485 down a 2 core.? What is rs 485 in basic terms. analog perhaps ?

If your an electronics engineer as you say you are you should know how it works as 485 is the basics :hmm::shifty:

lee

I said that when ? Dont remember that ! You must be confused. Is RS 232 not more basic ?

A galaxy passes information down the RS485 to devices and back, if something happens it reports it.

In one of your other posts you want Grade 3 equipment by Sun, is this for you to install ?

If so and you system is monitored you are breakin the rules and you system wont comply with 1. your insurance requirements 2. Police requirements so leave well alone.

If you have fallen out with your installer get a new one.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Archived