Security Installer Community

Rio Signal - Anyone

Guest MikeP

Hi, can anyone confirm what type of signal passes form a rio to a panel down the beldon. Digital / Analog ? Fixed voltage ?

I find this post really strange :fear:

You last week was asking how to defeat a galaxy and now you want to know how it works???...may i ask what is it you are trying to achieve?????????????? :bruce_h4h:

I wish i was joking in this case.. I have spent the last 2 Days on this. All i seem to get is it is not possible...I am an ex Electical engineer and although i have been out of the industry for a while i can assure you THIS HAS HAPPENED. Have you seen it before ?

MikeP Posted Yesterday, 12:02 AM

QUOTE(leesutton @ Sep 1 2006, 11:58 PM)

QUOTE(MikeP @ Sep 1 2006, 09:51 PM)

QUOTE(camerabloke @ Sep 1 2006, 09:46 PM)

eh?

Sorry, not the most technical ? so how about can you run rs485 down a 2 core.? What is rs 485 in basic terms. analog perhaps ?

If your an electronics engineer as you say you are you should know how it works as 485 is the basics

lee

I said that when ? Dont remember that ! You must be confused. Is RS 232 not more basic ?

Just a reminder what you said MIKE P so you can remember :sothere:

lee

Lee Sutton

E-Mail: leesutton@centurianfire.co.uk

Phone: 0845 094 9870

CENTURIAN FIRE & SECURITY (part of centurian group limited)

I wish i was joking in this case.. I have spent the last 2 Days on this. All i seem to get is it is not possible...I am an ex Electical engineer and although i have been out of the industry for a while i can assure you THIS HAS HAPPENED. Have you seen it before ?

MikeP Posted Yesterday, 12:02 AM

QUOTE(leesutton @ Sep 1 2006, 11:58 PM)

QUOTE(MikeP @ Sep 1 2006, 09:51 PM)

QUOTE(camerabloke @ Sep 1 2006, 09:46 PM)

eh?

Sorry, not the most technical ? so how about can you run rs485 down a 2 core.? What is rs 485 in basic terms. analog perhaps ?

If your an electronics engineer as you say you are you should know how it works as 485 is the basics

lee

I said that when ? Dont remember that ! You must be confused. Is RS 232 not more basic ?

Just a reminder what you said MIKE P so you can remember :sothere:

lee

i second that :hmm::whistle:

Archived