Security Installer Community

Remote Servicing

I would be interested in views pos/neg about Automated Remote Maintenance

There seem to be quite alot of installers who are quite happy to do local UDL from laptops etc, a few who do it via modem from the office. The benefits of both are clear.

The Bosch Abacus Evolution has the option of true automated servicing (One visit per year.) The cost savings are obvious. Does anyone have any concerns about this. There arent many Manaufacturers who offer this yet. Would there be more take up of this if Installers had help settting it up?

Views would be welcome.

Anyone wanting a look at our software, give me a shout,

Mick Gates

Regional Sales Manager- Intrusion Products

Bosch Security

www.boschsecurity.co.uk

remote servicing will free engineers time up allowing many systems to checked for all the signalling been made to the CS but as long as the system IS site visited at least once a year so that detectors can be cleaned and the batteries checked DT'd (drop tested) with the appropriate meter

the other advantage is that engineers time can be then spent with the customer and their equipment with the faults that are apparent when they go to site to rectify them ie they dont have to worry about all the general service sthat have to be done on site as well.

I agree with this point,

the maintenance visit is sometimes the only time the customer sees the company and the only chance to remind them you also do CCTV, Access etc, check keyholders details are still current, etc.

Mick Gates

Bosch Security

www.boschsecurity.co.uk

yes thats right i find with the cctv though the only real way of checking these systems is a site visit any way so a site visit on this is neccessary. alarms are different as with galaxy i know there is comuter software that can check thing remotley using a modem or digi unit.

Hi Colin, (have edited your previous quote as requested). Yes I was reffering to remote servicing not monitoring. All UDLs as far as Im aware, offer the diagnostic facilty, in terms of manually dialling in and checking each installation. The Bosch software gets the panel to dial the pc 182 days after the comisioning, then every 360 days after, do carry a fully automated check. The panel daily updates its maintenace data base, and any non tripping zones, other potentiola problems are flagged up when the panel dials in. If there are no rpoblems,-no action required, if there are, engineer can be despatched(or phone call to customer made). The automated aspect is obvious, ie less time taken up, more time for running the business and reactive type calls.

Mick Gates

Bosch Security

www.boschsecurity.co.uk

We use Castlecare's ARM (Automatic Remote Maintenance) on our new installs. All new system we install have UDL (Be lost without it)

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

UDL? How did I ever manage without it ... ah yes I remember, I was younger and had more energy.

Cor, I remember those days aswell! (Just)

We use Castlecare's ARM (Automatic Remote Maintenance) on our new installs. All new system we install have UDL (Be lost without it)

Very similar to ours. Funny how you get used to something we used to live without!

Mick Gates

Bosch Security

www.boschsecurity.co.uk

Very similar to ours. Funny how you get used to something we used to live without!

Same panels apart from the keypads ;)

On a side note to this, not all sites are suitable for remote service (part of the R/A), plus you also need written procedures and authorisation from the client/insurer. :hmm:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

The Bosch Abacus Evolution has the option of true automated servicing
We use Castlecare's ARM (Automatic Remote Maintenance) on our new installs.

christ it like alarm snap today,

any captive or pcx installers joining in????

Bosch, looking for sales then now ?

We went to the launch.

Ask for a rep to come and see us 15+ times

Phoned many occasions.

And guess what..................Nothing.

We have a direct account and use to fit loads of abacus, but sad times i think when a company like yours cant be bothered.

Back to the question, Remote servicing I have spoke to many of our customers and they still want to see a face on site checking the system out, and there is the question of the office that gets split in to two which you wont know about for a year, till you next turn up at site.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

we have several sites which are capable of doing remote servicing through the Guardall PX

I have to admit even with the modems in palce i still send engineers to site for service it. Ijust feel as mentioned before engineers on site help with customer relations.

we do however check the system via the modem connection before we send out engineers on callouts and this does help to give valuable information for the engineer.

Mark Smith, Director, S M Fire & Security Ltd, Bradford

Archived