Security Installer Community

Setting Up In The Cctv Game Now Prices Are Falling??

Russell

Guest rjbsec

Business is a gamble and you're unlikely to make any money working for someone else.

BUT, consider what would happen if your supply dries up for whatever reason, you would then lose your advantage ... could you cope?

Running your own business isn't as easy and stress-free as it may appear but the rewards can be good (not just financially).

If you do decide to do it I wish you every success.

No ones asked the question yet if you are any good at installing? I take it you don't do this in your current job?

I am sick and tired of seeing shoddy looking installations, do you know how to install trunking and conduit properly? I mean properly! not just stick it to the wall.

You mention nothing about cable, power supplys, trunking or conduit, fused spurs?! This can add loads onto the job to do it properly & I doubt you could source lengths of trunking from overseas.

This is not a dig at you. I'm simply asking and stating rather strongly that the quality of the install should be one of your main priorities, this industry is overwhelmed with cowboys.

No ones asked the question yet if you are any good at installing? I take it you don't do this in your current job?

I am sick and tired of seeing shoddy looking installations, do you know how to install trunking and conduit properly? I mean properly! not just stick it to the wall.

You mention nothing about cable, power supplys, trunking or conduit, fused spurs?! This can add loads onto the job to do it properly & I doubt you could source lengths of trunking from overseas.

This is not a dig at you. I'm simply asking and stating rather strongly that the quality of the install should be one of your main priorities, this industry is overwhelmed with cowboys.

Totaly agree i have seen some shockers.

EG

post-1613-1156266244_thumb.jpg

Totaly agree i have seen some shockers.

EG

post-1613-1156266244_thumb.jpg

OI that took me 6 hours to put up :P

Thats artistic work their paul, i would have taken longer 6 hours. IMO the cable needs shaping into a more aesthetically pleasing way.

But there you go, you just had to bodge it didnt you mate. :P

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Any of us could import products from china and get a great discount, but thats the only benefit.

What happens when you get some faulty items, you are going to have to buy minimum quantities of 100 I am guessing, will you have the demand to supply them?

Getting the stock is not the problem, its the customers that are the problem, first find yourself a customer that is going to make it worth you ordering bulk.

If you are going to start up on your own, use uk suppliers and build up your client base first.

Less than

Archived