Security Installer Community

Setting Up In The Cctv Game Now Prices Are Falling??

Russell

Hello all, I would appreciate some feedback as I am currently in a dilemma about setting up a CCTV based secuity company.

I have been involved with CCTV installation companies for the last two years or so. Along with my best friend, who is in his early 20s, we now have the opportunity to set our own business up but I am feeling apprehensive about whether to commit.

A while back we worked together in finding a highly reliable and cheap supplier for our cctv cameras and dvrs. We found a direct supplier from China for our materials, and even after tax we were saving the company approximately 80-84% on prices (compared to the lowest prices the firm could obtain in this country).

My mate and myself did the leg work finding the supplier in China and over the last year or so have seen the firm earning on average

Did you have a contract of employment as you will find you cant setup in competion to your boss (well he should have this in there)

Yep, usually within a few miles radius of the office, although how they would enforce this when you leave I have no idea...

Good luck either way!

Trade Member

Any of us could import products from china and get a great discount, but thats the only benefit.

What happens when you get some faulty items, you are going to have to buy minimum quantities of 100 I am guessing, will you have the demand to supply them?

Getting the stock is not the problem, its the customers that are the problem, first find yourself a customer that is going to make it worth you ordering bulk.

If you are going to start up on your own, use uk suppliers and build up your client base first.

I agree with Rich, it would be fine importing as you say but youve gotta shift that stock to make some money. And i would be amazed that you would find one camera suitable for all locations so your going to need a selection and 100 at a time. Your sales are going to be hard to come by anyway unless your employing a good salesman.

Archived