Security Installer Community

Computer Server Rooms

Guest Dyfrig Roberts

yeah but what stats? YOu could use central heating ones but i wouldnt...

it would depend on the tollerance's window allowed. RS can supply highly accurate ones.

the digital type like the Drayton Digital 3 may be accurate enough. they also do a radio version so you can place the 'head' where you like for best effect (steady boys :rolleyes: )

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

My company have an IP dialler called DigiNet that has analogue inputs for temperature monitoring. It also has digital inputs if you decide to trigger it with a temperature device that has a relay. Either way, it will send an alarm signal to a central station or alert you directly via email. It also has digital outputs that would allow you (or a CS operator) to log in and switch on backup devices via your web browser if required.

Some of my customers use it with network monitoring software products like 'Nagios' or 'What's up Gold' as the outgoing alarm message of the DigiNet is customisable.

Hope this helps.

You can get the same unit from HERE

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

We did this yesterday

One Net2 I/O board, a thermostat and a patch lead and we now get an SMS message if the server room temperature exceeds the maximum.

Modern electronic thermostats are very accurate, cheap and reliable, so no problem with them. Can you still get the old bi-metallic type?

Thanks for the idea!

Drew Hoggatt

Managing Director

Paxton Access Ltd

Follow this link for important legal information

Archived