Security Installer Community

Alarm Communication Issues

Ok - Back from the burglary that didn't happen... dammit.

Now telecoms isn't my department - but I'm pretty confident we are using some kind of call routing for cheaper calls. In terms of checking what effect this has - this 'magic number' - is it a prefix that needs to be dialled before the normal number to ensure a BT line call is made?

If so - could someone enlighten me a bit more via the PM system?

I've had all kinds of people looking at this - and if it's something simple - I'm gonna bash their heads together :)

Now telecoms isn't my department - but I'm pretty confident we are using some kind of call routing for cheaper calls. In terms of checking what effect this has - this 'magic number' - is it a prefix that needs to be dialled before the normal number to ensure a BT line call is made?

heads together :)

Chris

It is a prefix to ensure that calls use BT, as some of the lines call routing companys use do not transmit the right frequencies and cause faults on digis. Your alarm Co should have checked this out striaght away, but then again the big ones are not always the best.

Bri,

Does that entitle me to another week off :cry:

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

You will need to check with your telecoms people and get your alarm Co to prefix the digis with 1280

But and its a big but, if ever you stop call routing then the digi wont work until the prefix number is removed, best thing woul be having a dedicated line that does not use call routing or upgrade tp dual signalling.

Now i can have another week off.

Chris, how about a Security Installer Discount card for all our members :whistle: , if you dont ask...

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

I have had this problem before and we found it to be the call routing so we had to prefix with a number but we also found that because all the stores set there alarms at around the same time there was to many signals to the arc so the earlier set stores registered but the ones that was in a queue they didnt register so the arc had to add more lines and we seperated the numbers between the stores....... A bit of a chapter but there you go :whistle:

lee

Lee Sutton

E-Mail: leesutton@centurianfire.co.uk

Phone: 0845 094 9870

CENTURIAN FIRE & SECURITY (part of centurian group limited)

I have had this problem before

not necessarily because his panels don't show CommFail/FailureToCommunicate error..

... but we also found that because all the stores set there alarms at around the same time there was to many signals to the arc so the earlier set stores registered but the ones that was in a queue they didnt register

absolutely rubbish ARC in this case! they should follow their line traffic themselves!! :ranting:

so the arc had to add more lines and we seperated the numbers between the stores.......

and absolutely wrong fix to the problem! :banned:

Archived