Security Installer Community

Alarm Communication Issues

Doesn't that stop it signalling alltogether though, if it needs the magic number?

Mines on they use call routing and its nothing to do with the ARC

How much you betting? A weeks holiday?! :P

If you don't know......ask.

........Of the 400 stores - around 40 are high street locations that have been around donkeys years. They are fitted with differing alarm panels, and are maintained by one of two different providers (both big names), and are monitored by one central ARC...........

i reckon whistle guessed right ;)

Yet - randomly, and not all stores, and never the same stores on the same night - from time to time - the high street stores keep getting these phone calls from the ARC saying that close signal has not been received. It's completely random. We have days where all alarms set - we have days where a number don't send the 'close' signal. Some happen a couple of times a week - others happen once a fortnight. It's all over the country - and not just in one geographical area.

don't tell me the stores work the same hours?

how many lines you got?

what receivers are you using?

what software is the arc running?

what communicators / modems are affected?

what format is being used?

apart from the top advice you've already had..................

set up the problem sites with two accounts your arc being key1 for arc two no close you ring them up to see if theve got a close?

Doesn't that stop it signalling alltogether though, if it needs the magic number?

How much you betting? A weeks holiday?! :P

Nope, remember the high street shop you went to in Bury, where they where getting random open and closes :hmm:

They had call routing and the magic number sorted it :whistle:

So do you owe me a weeks holiday then, now you remember that shop we had the same problem with about 3months ago ? :ninja:

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Yes they did - and yes it did.

i thought this would mean NO FTC (so why are everyone still stuck with that??)..

anyhow - silly enough - i have similar problem here too. as far as i have been able to investigate my bet is on faulty receiver card that gives ack to panel but doesn't send anything through..

Nope, remember the high street shop you went to in Bury, where they where getting random open and closes :hmm:

They had call routing and the magic number sorted it :whistle:

So do you owe me a weeks holiday then, now you remember that shop we had the same problem with about 3months ago ? :ninja:

No. I remember the one I went to that wasn't sending o/c

:hmm: I think

If you don't know......ask.

Archived