Security Installer Community

Modern Alarm

Gopher

Have a customer who has a "Modern Alarm" system, no identifiable model numbers on it at all

It's a Metal Boxed end panel, it's Key Operated and has 4 red lights down the middle of the panel, it's around 20 yrs old, there is also no external no bell, just internal sounders.

No pictures of it im afraid.

I know it could be easily classed as an "antique", so anyone any ideas on what panel this could be?

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Have a customer who has a "Modern Alarm" system, no identifiable model numbers on it at all

It's a Metal Boxed end panel, it's Key Operated and has 4 red lights down the middle of the panel, it's around 20 yrs old, there is also no external no bell, just internal sounders.

No pictures of it im afraid.

I know it could be easily classed as an "antique", so anyone any ideas on what panel this could be?

It sounds like an 80's panel, I took one out last week, pic attached.

Regards

Bellman

post-920-1153998189_thumb.jpg

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Yup that's it, so what is it then, just out of curiousity and is it possible to "set" a timer limit on the sounder?

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Yup that's it, so what is it then, just out of curiousity and is it possible to "set" a timer limit on the sounder?

Bullet proof, thats what it is, :)

The one in the pic has done 19 years of sterling service before I removed it (worn out lock and relays). I have the eng manual knocking about somewhere, I'll try to dig it out the next few days.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Thanks for the help Bellman. Our customer had the police at his door saying the alarm had been sounding for 7hrs. Can you programme a timer onto it? Looks like //.National Installer.// have replaced the sensors about 5years ago. How long is the internal bell supposed to sound before the timer stops it if there is one??

An engineering manual would be great as there are quite a few of these in the area.

cheers

!

Thanks for your help lads. A new external bell sounds the best with a cut off timer. I would have suggestd this but i was looking for the cheepest option because it is a Bowling club with not a lot of money.......so they say hence if i could have programmed a time limit on the bell.

cheers

Willie

!

It sounds like an 80's panel, I took one out last week, pic attached.

Regards

Bellman

NOTE: BELL IS + APPLIED TO RING NOT - APPLIED AS IS STANDARD NOW

god that brings back memories - i fitted loads of these, to "program" it you had to link cables on a block of (i think) 36 screw connectors fitted in banks of 4 times 8.

To make the bell sound for 20 min you fitted a 20 min timer module to term 4 as i remember.

this is probably the component you would have needed to replace. the internel sounder went staight to term 4 and was constant in alarm.

there was a module for everthing.

if you thought that was bad you should have seen its predeccessor, thw '74' or '78' which had continual wire links down one side and even more relays.

everything you do now with programming we did with relays - god help you if you accidentally took one apart (guess who did :yes: ), you needed to get one of the older staff (who had probably fitted it and was usually your boss so no way of hiding your //.B.W.F.// up! :cry: ) to rebuild it.

Relays are good but its a lot easier doing it with programmable outputs etc., but even now its sometimes easier to use a relay.

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

NOTE: BELL IS + APPLIED TO RING NOT - APPLIED AS IS STANDARD NOW

god that brings back memories - i fitted loads of these, to "program" it you had to link cables on a block of (i think) 36 screw connectors fitted in banks of 4 times 8.

To make the bell sound for 20 min you fitted a 20 min timer module to term 4 as i remember.

this is probably the component you would have needed to replace. the internel sounder went staight to term 4 and was constant in alarm.

there was a module for everthing.

if you thought that was bad you should have seen its predeccessor, thw '74' or '78' which had continual wire links down one side and even more relays.

everything you do now with programming we did with relays - god help you if you accidentally took one apart (guess who did :yes: ), you needed to get one of the older staff (who had probably fitted it and was usually your boss so no way of hiding your //.B.W.F.// up! :cry: ) to rebuild it.

Relays are good but its a lot easier doing it with programmable outputs etc., but even now its sometimes easier to use a relay.

paul

Grew up on the 74 and 80 panels---been ages since i've seen one--solid as a rock--how time flys!!!!!!!.

Paul

Archived