Security Installer Community

Modern Alarm

Gopher

Grew up on the 74 and 80 panels---been ages since i've seen one--solid as a rock--how time flys!!!!!!!.

Paul

My parents still have a working 80's in their house that i fitted some 20yrs ago!

paul k

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

That doesn't supprise me in the least Paul,

Only reason I removed one last week was a worn out keyswitch and a few duff relays.

19 years of sterling service and only batts and a few contacts needing changed in all that time according to the log. :)

If I had my way I would have repaired it and it would probably have been good for another 20 years.

It's in my collection of classics like the old 9100 :)

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

It's in my collection of classics like the old 9100

or the 3000 as we called in back in the day................

i was quite fond of the 4000 (AKA 9500) as well

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

or the 3000 as we called in back in the day................

i was quite fond of the 4000 (AKA 9500) as well

paul

Ah, the 3000 was a slightly different panel though, bigger psu and endstation, slightly different pcb layout and different keypad. functionaly compatible with 9100 though. (although not as reliable, suffers from psu board failure as a regular occurance)

was never fond of the 9500, defaulted themselves too often for my likeing but easy to reprogramme as was mentioned previously.

Regards

Bellman

Ah, the 3000 was a slightly different panel though, bigger psu and endstation, slightly different pcb layout and different keypad. functionaly compatible with 9100 though. (although not as reliable, suffers from psu board failure as a regular occurance)

was never fond of the 9500, defaulted themselves too often for my likeing but easy to reprogramme as was mentioned previously.

Regards

Bellman

apart from those you mentioned it also had a buzzer o/p so as it could be used on our updates (no speakers in those earlier days!!).

I agree about psu - i used to dread thinder / lightning storms & always kept a dozen spare!!!

do you remember the early 9500 1s that would play a tune if you pressed a certain keys during bell test?

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

do you remember the early 9500 1s that would play a tune if you pressed a certain keys during bell test?

paul

I do Indeed, as i remember correctly they also played a tune coming out of engineers when it was testing the branches. :)

not come across one for a while though.

Regards

Bellman

Archived