Security Installer Community

Which Alarm?

Guest xt600

Got everything wired in today and did the 46yesno on start up. However, the alarm won't set. It's telling me "can't set" "use eng. +anti 4047"

Any ideas why this has happened and what to do about it?

Help much appreciated! :hmm:

Colin....

Zone 1 door contact set as entry/exit

Zone 2 door shock sensor set as 12hour

Zone 3 PIR set as 12 hour

All wired '2 wire' method.

The reaining 5 zones have been 'shorted' with wire links in the panel.

Looks like it's requiring an engineer or anticode reset for some reason-I'd reset and check the progging and adjust as required.

as it is not certificated restart the panel and choose 1:bs, this will have all the settings you need.

also change the shock to access not 12 hr.

ps: does any post come through this door? if so a shock was a daft idea.

I have reset and set to BS. This seems to have done the trick..i can now set the system and will return after Christmas to set up user codes, voice comm etc.

There is a letterbox but the postman here doesn't turn up until afternoon so generally the alarm will be unset at that time. I have also set the shock detector to minimum sensitivity. The front door is the most likely entry point for thieves and last time they smashed a hole in the door glass and climbed through. It is for this reason that i have the shock detector on the door frame in an attempt to trigger the alarm before they get in and nick the charity box again! I shall have to wait and see, and can always change things around if there is problems.

Thanks very much for the advice, i really do appreciate it! S'pose I better go and start my Christmas shopping now....

Happy Christmas to all...

Colin

I got everyone some gift vouchers for zavvi, wittards, woolworths, officers club and mfi.

Great idea, thanks for the tip. Shops are open till 4 so plenty of time yet. Already got the missus her bottle of Mr Muscle general purpose and some new cleaning sponges. She complained last year because i bought her cheap Lidls stuff. Ungratefull Biatch!