Security Installer Community

Nsi V Ssaib

Guest GingerSecurity

Guest GingerSecurity

Hi,

I hope this topic isn't posted to death, I had a quick search and could only find an old post, but could anyone outline the main pros/cons of NSI and SSAIB accreditation? Which one, in your opinion, is better; and has anyone here got any horror stories with either?

Thanks in advance!

Guest GingerSecurity
both are suposed to be more or less equal now[we're ssaib], but we were approved to do a bonded warehouse and half way through the job had to pull off due to the insurance company changing their mind and saying nsi only, luckly we could sell the job on to a freind, ssaib did not fight are corner at all with the insurance company, as i think they should have.

Hi,

Thanks for the speedy response! Do you know the name of the insurance company - it might be interesting to speak to them?

lets see how long this takes to get me jumped on,

i to investigated both 'camps' and was heading towards the SSAIB route, but a chat at IFSEC with an NSI rep made be reconcider and favour NSI silver membership, as a small one man band working from home, and not wanting a seperate ofice and additional staff.

you only by the certs you need with NSI Silver, with SSAIB you have to buy a minimum ammount per year even if you do not issue them, given i cover several trades, and intruder is shrinking every year (mainly because i'm not registered) NSI was the more sensible option. just ned a bit of time to service the application, been going apecrap in CCTv and Telephone Systems for last year solid.

NSi seems more accepted i suppose like Chubbs is for locks ane who are ERA? ou know what i mean - street cred (urned or not).

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Ive always worked for NSI companies and now I own one so its difficult to compare, but I have heard its easier to get SSAIB than NSI Im not so sure now theres NSI Silver.

I must say though all the SSAIB inspectors on the IFSEC stand had funny shaped heads.

Pete

Compared to what?

Guest RICHL
Hi,

I hope this topic isn't posted to death, I had a quick search and could only find an old post, but could anyone outline the main pros/cons of NSI and SSAIB accreditation? Which one, in your opinion, is better; and has anyone here got any horror stories with either?

Thanks in advance!

The right thing for you to do is to use either a SSAIB or NSI approved installer, and aviod any installers who arent.

As for which inspectorate, that's up to you, either inspectorate will have good and bad installers - but mostly good. Id get a couple of quotes from each.

The right thing for you to do is to use either a SSAIB or NSI approved installer, and aviod any installers who arent.

As for which inspectorate, that's up to you, either inspectorate will have good and bad installers - but mostly good. Id get a couple of quotes from each.

I was under the impression the OP wanted to join one of the inspectorates, not use installers associated with.

Guest RICHL
I was under the impression the OP wanted to join one of the inspectorates, not use installers associated with.

Just seen his name - you may be right kid.

Archived