Security Installer Community

Nsi V Ssaib

Guest GingerSecurity

Guest GingerSecurity

Hi,

I hope this topic isn't posted to death, I had a quick search and could only find an old post, but could anyone outline the main pros/cons of NSI and SSAIB accreditation? Which one, in your opinion, is better; and has anyone here got any horror stories with either?

Thanks in advance!

Guest GingerSecurity
both are suposed to be more or less equal now[we're ssaib], but we were approved to do a bonded warehouse and half way through the job had to pull off due to the insurance company changing their mind and saying nsi only, luckly we could sell the job on to a freind, ssaib did not fight are corner at all with the insurance company, as i think they should have.

Hi,

Thanks for the speedy response! Do you know the name of the insurance company - it might be interesting to speak to them?

lets see how long this takes to get me jumped on,

i to investigated both 'camps' and was heading towards the SSAIB route, but a chat at IFSEC with an NSI rep made be reconcider and favour NSI silver membership, as a small one man band working from home, and not wanting a seperate ofice and additional staff.

you only by the certs you need with NSI Silver, with SSAIB you have to buy a minimum ammount per year even if you do not issue them, given i cover several trades, and intruder is shrinking every year (mainly because i'm not registered) NSI was the more sensible option. just ned a bit of time to service the application, been going apecrap in CCTv and Telephone Systems for last year solid.

NSi seems more accepted i suppose like Chubbs is for locks ane who are ERA? ou know what i mean - street cred (urned or not).

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Ive always worked for NSI companies and now I own one so its difficult to compare, but I have heard its easier to get SSAIB than NSI Im not so sure now theres NSI Silver.

I must say though all the SSAIB inspectors on the IFSEC stand had funny shaped heads.

Pete

Compared to what?

Guest RICHL
Hi,

I hope this topic isn't posted to death, I had a quick search and could only find an old post, but could anyone outline the main pros/cons of NSI and SSAIB accreditation? Which one, in your opinion, is better; and has anyone here got any horror stories with either?

Thanks in advance!

The right thing for you to do is to use either a SSAIB or NSI approved installer, and aviod any installers who arent.

As for which inspectorate, that's up to you, either inspectorate will have good and bad installers - but mostly good. Id get a couple of quotes from each.

The right thing for you to do is to use either a SSAIB or NSI approved installer, and aviod any installers who arent.

As for which inspectorate, that's up to you, either inspectorate will have good and bad installers - but mostly good. Id get a couple of quotes from each.

I was under the impression the OP wanted to join one of the inspectorates, not use installers associated with.

Guest RICHL
I was under the impression the OP wanted to join one of the inspectorates, not use installers associated with.

Just seen his name - you may be right kid.

Guest GingerSecurity

Thanks for the replies...

I should have made it clearer but as some of you guessed, we're looking at which inspectorate to join.

cheers

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

Thanks in advance!

SSAIB is the cheaper option and a while ago wasn't recognised by certain insurance companies however that has now changed and both companies are widely recognised. Also both are very helpful and there aim is help people and to give awareness. the old stigma about only proffesional installers that have been around for centuries will get on board is nonsense. they just want to make the industry follow standards and are friendly and helpful in all ways :gimme:

ve hav ze nolij or if not we ask!!!!

Guest espsecurity

i am a small company, in fact i am the company! i dont have an office i have a desk under the stairs, and i refuse to have a monitored alarm fitted my others as it would ridicule my reputation as an alarm installer, i only have about 10 customers (due to not having either SSAIB or NACOSS) and because of all these reasons i am subbying almost full time and pushing a advertising towards a market who's insurance wants approved installers. After 18 months trading i was wondering if anyone can help guide me how and with who to register with?

I dont want to Subbie forever!

As a small company the hardest bit is the papper work that it generates

join the ssiab they like the papper work but dont insist on the iso9001 bit

as you grow and can afford 2 engineers and a full time office bod you can then make the choice between nsi and ssiab

Life is like a box of choclates.....if you dont get there first your left with all the naff ones

Which one, in your opinion, is better; and has anyone here got any horror stories with either?

I have a horror story from experiences with the SSAIB, but it is too shocking for this public forum and I don't want the hassle. Email me if you want the full details.

Do yourself a favour and go NSI from day 1.

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

Which one, in your opinion, is better; and has anyone here got any horror stories with either?

I have a horror story from experiences with the SSAIB, but it is too shocking for this public forum and I don't want the hassle. Email me if you want the full details.

While i concur (with the go nsi bit) there are some excellent ssaib companies maybe a small edit of your post would be nice?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Guest rjbsec

So I notice you are not Trade Approved for the purpose of this forum, is your company, (assuming you are a company), approved by a UKAS Accredited Inspectorate?

So I notice you are not Trade Approved for the purpose of this forum, is your company, (assuming you are a company), approved by a UKAS Accredited Inspectorate?

Sorry - I didn't know you had to be Trade Approved on this forum to have a horror story.

I am the director of a Limited company - but what that has to do with it - I really don't know.

At the time of the horror story - Yes, my company was with the SSAIB.

Now, do you have any sensible questions that I can answer ?

whoops

Something wrong Mr Happy ?

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

Guest rjbsec

Sorry - I didn't know you had to be Trade Approved on this forum to have a horror story.

I am the director of a Limited company - but what that has to do with it - I really don't know.

At the time of the horror story - Yes, my company was with the SSAIB.

Now, do you have any sensible questions that I can answer ?

Yes just the one I originally asked:-

So I notice you are not Trade Approved for the purpose of this forum,is your company, (assuming you are a company), approved by a UKAS Accredited Inspectorate?

We all have some kind of horror story to tell about inspectorates inspectors E.T.C

Why do some of you insist of having a go at each other in the public forums

a question was asked

an answer should be given

Advice is just that Advice

we should be trying to set the bench mark of PROFESIONALISAM

It is up to us to encourage small companies to register with an inspectorate wether its N.S.I or S.S.I.A.B

Only by doing this are we able to raise the standards within the alarm industry and also for the customer if you have to have a go why not do it in the trades forum in the rants and raves section

Life is like a box of choclates.....if you dont get there first your left with all the naff ones

QFA, All your prospective customers can read this remember.

Google also indexes the site several times a day so posts do crop up in google searches.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Guest rjbsec

With the greatest of respect to golfball and bellman an unsubstantiated and serious accusation was made about the SSAIB by a "public" member.

I do not believe that questioning an unsubstantiated accusation such as that qualifies as either "a rant" or as "having a go" at someone.

IMO posts like this should be removed by the Mods.

With the greatest of respect to golfball and bellman an unsubstantiated and serious accusation was made about the SSAIB by a "public" member.

I do not believe that questioning an unsubstantiated accusation such as that qualifies as either "a rant" or as "having a go" at someone.

IMO posts like this should be removed by the Mods.

My point was this is not the place for Inspectorate Mud slinging

yes you have the right to question an unsubstantiated accusation but it should not have been here in the first place

Archived