Security Installer Community

One For The Oldies

hmm - that'll be very thin then or have i missed all the best day's described here..?

:question:

I believe it's a very subjective subject.

... record dialer...

err - it did read CD's - didn't it?

:question: ...

I believe it's a very subjective subject.

:roflmao:

lurchio.. you've been a bit sensitive lately... sure u r not having "that time of the month"???

think i posted some old 78 record dialer in the gallery here i took out recently.

If not gis a shout and i`ll post it.

Cannot find the gallery, its too hot man i tell yas.

cheers

Derr, there it is

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/comm...=si&img=771

hi old hand,

thats a newer version with one of those new fangled electricacal motorisers thingy's :P

not seen that one but i hazard a guess at AFA (circa pre-minerva).

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest G.J.M
Install date wasnt clear but last service date was 1974, if you mean my pic i submitted.

cheers

the year i was born.

old ba$tards :P;)

Oldest panel I currently deal with is the 26L :fear: a right pain in the rear to shut up when they go wrong. But considering there over 40 years old and many are still used daily in post offices, they were certainly built to last.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest RICHL
lurchio.. you've been a bit sensitive lately... sure u r not having "that time of the month"???

*spits pop over keyboard!

old gits

what date to they come from from?

you dammed wippersnapper! :P

Rely-a-bell used them in the late 50's and early sixtys, the the '54 came out and a 'new' unit run fully on twelve volts appeared made by Gaurdal (i think) as Burgots used the same design but different facilities.

Burgots unit did not have line fault checking untill a little before Chubbs took them over, so fired no matter what the line was doing at the time. normally it was on an Ex Directory outgoing only line so more often than not it worked, as long as the battery was good and the line rental was paid :rolleyes:

on the later line fault sensing ones they 'held' the alarm until the line was restored, now that was made interesting if you had tested the 999 but no line, later when the line was restored out went the 999 perhaps 2 months later, then needed a reset.

Chubbs tried and failed miserably to 'invent' an 8 track version, but A.E.S. cornered the market with reliable and superior product, they fitted a mike input which allowed the engineer to record the message if the clients name changed - heard some brilliant recorded cockups when servicing, like an engineer being rudely told to get of the ladder and serve 'did he not know he should be at the till and not messing arround as the shop was busy?'

priceless!

regs

alan

(aka a very senior 'old git' :P )

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived