Security Installer Community

One For The Oldies

for those who don't know about but like a bit of history -:

Mr Burgot won a Queens Award and the right to wear the By Appointment' badge for the invention of the first 'silent' intruder alarm system. this invention was based on the clockwork powered 999 dialer he designed with a 45 volt battery for the valve amplifier. it was thought a ground breaking inovation and feted - until the villains sussed cutting the telephone lines left them home free :whistle: .

the crunching of the cogs and the clatter of the dial falling and raising meant you could hear the dialler all over the buiding, where 'silent' got into the phrase i'll never knew it was ruddy louder than most bells :rolleyes:

if attending on a maintenance and you did not know wher it was, take the ed phone off hook, trigger alarm and listen for the motor, liturally belt on the front edge that sent the arm acroos the record and onto the post which cancelled it - the burglars sussed that one to eventually.

see what i mean - no fancy tools or meters

see, you younge wippersnappers don't know you've been born by comparrison :no:

now ime for my olvaltine and hot water bottle, hope the nurse don't forget the potty :cry:

:P

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hi old hand,

thats a newer version with one of those new fangled electricacal motorisers thingy's :P

not seen that one but i hazard a guess at AFA (circa pre-minerva).

regs

alan

Yes it was actually

What's a Racal 772? :whistle:

Here's the history of Racal..... http://www.guardall.co.uk/history.shtml

They used to manufacture an old battle horse PIR detector that just lasted for years and years. They were the cheapest PIR on the market at around

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

ah, now how about the racal 771? the 772 predecessor

Nope - you got me there. I've heard of it, but can't quite remember what it was. Am I right in thinking that there was a 773 - with a pet lense ?

Another awesome product at that time was the FM wireless PIR, with its little peice of ariel wire sticking out of the top of the detector. Sexy looking beast it was :yes:

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

Another awesome product at that time was the FM wireless PIR, with its little peice of ariel wire sticking out of the top of the detector. Sexy looking beast it was :yes:

Not as nice as the PAS wireless PIR, the one with the little black rubber aerial.. :whistle:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Nope - you got me there. I've heard of it, but can't quite remember what it was. Am I right in thinking that there was a 773 - with a pet lense ?

771 was in vogue for about 2 - 3 years then got superceded when it was discovered that it blinked so appeared to be working but the relay gets stuck in set position.

hard to tell them apart on cosmetics alone from outside, but lens moded and i think they change the tamper contact, also the relay - to stop 'sleeping' ah well that will be back to the drawing board then :rolleyes:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived