Security Installer Community

Alarm Installed Not To Original Spec

Guest kmac

Mrs X on a takeover of a galaxy, wanted a new smoke det. No way of getting from RIO to room. Even the electritians on site were wondering how to do works. (This is a 5 mil house in central london, owned by the most prentious people in the world)

Wireless was the only way, i spent a whole day trying to find a cable route and had a feeling that if i had carried on looking i would be there today still looking.

As the song goes, "Never say Never"

cheers

Pmsl, its in the gallery.

But here we go.

3 Entrance BPT system, When i 1st looked at it i thought oops !

All done by a sparks, but he forgot to think about the current draw of a Cisa lock. 1 amp supply running a lock that takes 1.6 amps.

Its fitted in one house with 14 apartments, the next one linked has 12, the 3rd one has 12 also, and its linked to a porterage phone.

Quoted for new psu`s, that will solve the problems there.

George feels 'spark radio' will be the next generation, i don't know anything of that technology but from what he says i hope if it go's into mobil's soon because then i'll get a signal 15 floors down in an NCP car park or nuke bunker - just like they do for 'CTU' in the '24' program :rolleyes: instead of 'no service' in my back gartden :ranting: .

well i guess it will be utilised in mobile phones very quickly when it is ready for mass production. thou i guess wireless lan's and wan's are first target.

George any decent rightups i can read up on it? :signthankspin:

reg

alan

www.uwbforum.org

that might be a good place to start with and then google with UWB

I`m probably flogging a old horse here but what the hell is wrong with wireless tech. People use bluetooth with no reguard to passwords, the ammount of times i can "hack" a laptop, or peal off files from PDA`s is amazing. Get a D500 and the worlds your oyster!

i guess you answered your question yourself here. since it is "soooo ez " they don't bother to use passwords nor encryption. and wireless lan's are really PITA for network admins who are responsible for data security.

At least with wireless you can alter site codes, make it a bit more secure. Georg has a very definite oppinion on this and fairs fair he is entitled to it. However its not as bad as he makes out. At least he does state there is a future for this technology so isnt as biased as he actually makes out.

site codes were introduced due to fact that without one your neighbours PIR would trigger your panel..

there is a future for different wireless technology (ie. UWB) not the present one.

As stated above there are situations where you cannot hard wire, do we say to the customer "No sorry we cannot protect your property"...!

no we don't. it will only cost them more in that case to get the wire there where it is needed.

As i see it the problem will come when the frenquency`s become so used there will be an issue, once again i feel Georg is correct, to an extent. When the goverment issue new licences and frequencys we should see a major improvement.

there is a lack of frequencies now and i don't expect government to find out new ones too soon.. that's why UWB is ideal.

To make a point about site codes and engineers lazyness..........Get a FACC or Nice and even a Came remote fob, walk about and press it on factory settings and see how many gates open.

Then again use a Gardtec remote and see what happens as you walk down the road.

this brings the battle of hastings to my mind.. :whistle:

Wireless is the future, but it needs to be guided and thought about a little bit more.

cheers

QFA!

Hi Old Hand,

you've been sussed mate, no old tosh about a takeover :no: we all know that avitar is really the back of your van with the doors removed (well thats what i always thought it was anyway :P )

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest G.J.M
I was reffering to 99% of jobs, and the domestic market. But honestly I have never been to ANY domestic or commercial job that wireless has been the only option. There has ALWAYS been a way to wire.

that's ok

i was referring to fire. Crossed wires (no pun intended)

Archived