Security Installer Community

Some Great Stories

ranger

Hey there guys,

I know that this area doesnt get a lot of use but it is added to now and then. B)

I love reading all these and think they are really interesting, so i am basically putting a call out for anyone who knows some more security horror stories to post there here. :yes:

cheers Guys,

Regards,

Ranger

The above is my personal opinion and not that of my employer or anyone else.

I set off a SmokeCloak by accident twice on Friday in a Golf Clubs Pro Shop.

It also set off the fire alarm.

I was very impressed, couldnt see a thing, and after it cleared there was no residue or anything.

Anyway, I went back today to change a keypad from small to large text, I thought Im not setting that thing off again and decided to disconnect the triggers at the expander, as soon as I removed the trigger it went off, 3 times in 2 visits :no:

If I go there again Im removing the fluid from the thing before I touch anything, Im not having that again!!

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

I was very impressed, couldnt see a thing, and after it cleared there was no residue or anything.

Are you on commission. :whistle:

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

I went to a new job the other day they wanted their alarm serviced and a PIR dropped down for building work. She says oh ... wheres Mike today?! And I said ... Mike?! And she said oh are you not the usual people who do our alarm and two shops and I said no we've never been to this alarm before! The husband comes out a bit red faced and she says thats the last time I let him organise anything!

Trade Member

I went to a new job the other day they wanted their alarm serviced and a PIR dropped down for building work. She says oh ... wheres Mike today?! And I said ... Mike?! And she said oh are you not the usual people who do our alarm and two shops and I said no we've never been to this alarm before! The husband comes out a bit red faced and she says thats the last time I let him organise anything!

I went to Bristol Watershed to fit two Plasma Screens and fitted them in the wrong pub, I blamed the office of course for giving me a vague address and the people on site for saying the manager must have ordered them, but he wasn't in that day.

They should have been in the club next door.

The older I get, the faster I was.

Anyway, I went back today to change a keypad from small to large text, I thought Im not setting that thing off again and decided to disconnect the triggers at the expander, as soon as I removed the trigger it went off, 3 times in 2 visits :no:

If I go there again Im removing the fluid from the thing before I touch anything, Im not having that again!!

HaHa! Wish i had seen the people in the shop as the smoke shot out! :roflmao:

I went to a house at their request to give an intruder alarm quote.

I was greeted and welcomed in, given a cup of tea ..... and then there was a bizarre 15 minutes survey with them looking confused with what I was looking at, and me not understanding why they were showing me things I didn't want to know about.

It finally dawned when the double glazing salesman who they were expecting arrived, and they said to me, "So who are you"?.

My customer was next door. Oops. :blush:

:roflmao: Classic.

Keep them comming, These are great B)

The above is my personal opinion and not that of my employer or anyone else.

Some years ago I sent an engineer to a job. He didn't read the job sheet properly and instead of going to the local branch 2 streets away, he drove 80 miles to their head office. Muppet!

Did you pay the three ish hours wages??

& did head office have your install any way??

when on Chubbs Eastern region i was a shop steward, i decided to arrange ameeting at my house as doing so in the pub was not very 'productive' - (you all know what i mean).

any way the other region reps turned up from different area's, i did not know any of them from adam, any knock on the door whoever it was got invited in and supplied with tea and a biscuits or beacon butty.

several had turned up so spontanious discussion ensued with all the full anglo saxon vocabuary associaed with such occassions. i then noticed a lad who had not said a single word since arriving, so i decided to help him into the conversation thinking he was perhaps a bit shy.

he was not 'shy' as it turned out, he was meant to be going to my neighbours house across the green ----------------- for a J/W's meeting :rolleyes:

i pointed him to the house he wanted, closed my door then collapsed with all the other guys, next meeting was back at the pub :yes: .

:P

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest G.J.M

i had the **** job of decommissioning an old central battery emergency lighting system at a High School.The ones with huge x24 1amp lead acid batteries which need topped up all the time.

anyway i was wheeling some of the old batteries out of the School when the trolley hit a bump and sent loads of batteries flying.

This had to be during break so the whole school was watching,even from the windows.

Highly entertaining for them watching janitors rushing about and hosing down the acid.

After my trousers had nearly disintergrated form acid spills i had to endure a grilling from Health and Safety.

very embarrasing :whistle:

Archived