Security Installer Community

Some Great Stories

ranger

Got sent to a pair of semi det to service an alarm on a holiday home was given keys told panel in roof off you go

i find house complete service and jump out of loft space dirty foot prints in white carpet

spent next hour with every cleaning stuff i could find

left a dark smudge on carpet so i collect stuff and go

three weeks later and no complaints

but neighbour was curious as to how their carpet got dirty

Life is like a box of choclates.....if you dont get there first your left with all the naff ones

Done the smokecloak one in a fashion design place........not told it was linked to bell outputs so bell test was amusing.

Running cables to bell on a job, knocked over bedside cabinet, all the owners wifes sex toys spilled out, we tried to stop laughing as he stuffed them back in.

Not warned the fire panel was connected to the alarm, did some work on it and tripped a 1, 5 fire tenders later.

cheers

I set off a SmokeCloak by accident twice on Friday in a Golf Clubs Pro Shop.

It also set off the fire alarm.

I was very impressed, couldnt see a thing, and after it cleared there was no residue or anything.

Anyway, I went back today to change a keypad from small to large text, I thought Im not setting that thing off again and decided to disconnect the triggers at the expander, as soon as I removed the trigger it went off, 3 times in 2 visits :no:

If I go there again Im removing the fluid from the thing before I touch anything, Im not having that again!!

Perhaps we can get a pack out to you showing the wiring. Takes N/C trigger opening on alarm. Removing the trigger loop is possibly the fastest way of firing it. :rolleyes:

Our tech help number is listed on this site: 01205 821 111.

Quick call on the next one you come across may save some blushes (not that anyone could have seen them by the sounds of it) :)

Could be wrong, but with an N/C trigger, sounds like one of ours.

Anyway, I am a fine one to talk. Few years ago, took an E 1000 generator to a sales meeting for a national alarm company. It was the first E 1000 produced and was the production example (a prototype in other words).

For some reason it had extended heater nozzles which protruded from the side that you would naturally put it down. I was not at the time familiar with this as it was a new configuration.

Anyway, long story short, I pre-heated the machine in a separate room to the meeting and at that particualr moment had the presence of mind to keep the heater nozzles pointing to the side rather than down. When the sales manager was ready for me to present to his team he summoned me into his office and went to fetch the salesmen.

I put the machine down and forgot about the nozzles (now at 350 degrees Celsius)......straight onto a deep pile acrylic carpet tile.

Tile meted onto machine which also began spontaneously firing. Room filled with both security smoke and carpet tile smoke. Two whacking great burn marks left in carpet.

I turned to a colleague I had with me with a look of brown trousers on my face and said what should I do. Without blinking she picked up the waste paper bin and covered the burn marks.

Sales Manager came back, and me realising the futility of trying to hide it whilst surrounded by smoke and a smouldering plastic covered machine next to me, owned up.

Turns out to cap it all off it was his new office that had been carpeted that day and he had just moved in.

I made my excuses and a sharp exit.

Funny, I have never been invited back to that particular branch.

Matt Gilmartin, Sales Director

T: +44(01205) 821111 | F: +44(01205) 820316

info@smoke-screen.co.uk | www.smoke-screen.co.uk

Head office:

1-2 North End, Swineshead, Boston, Lincs PE20 3LR

Registered in the UK no. 2728491

Archived