Security Installer Community

Ptz Dome Query

Russ

I'm having lots of bother with domes at the moment. My company is still a strong supporter of VCL Platinum Orbiters (27x optical LG camera) but belt slipping over time on pre-set tours is causing problems with callbacks.

Tried the Dennard range and on one site, had to remove the lot because they had a poor lux level and saw next to nothing in the dark. Plus had our fair share of 'S1 Motor Stalled' errors.

LG themselves via GENIE/Flat-tec demo-ed their new speed dome and it had the LG camera that the VCL above used. (I'm drawn to this camera because the LUX level is something like 0.001. The price was amazing and it was belt-less using metal cogs for movement. We didn't use it because it wasn't compatible with our Dowshu's at that time. LG sent us one to play with 3 months later that was compatible as the protocol could be changed and we were all set to go down the LG road when I realised they had scrapped the cogs for the belt system.

So I'm still in limbo at the moment fitting the nice and lightweight VCL stuff that has the slippy belts.

ACE.gif

You are very welcome to try our new domes on Sale or return.

We can fit an identical camera as per the Sony 26x zoom.

Some spec can be found on www.excelptz.com

Look at the 400 series.

Try ours and "another" side by side.

Paul.

Whats the voltage and current draw?

I tried the domes from Dynamic the other day put it against a Panasonic day night and the Dynamic was a much better picture in Low light...

Only 22X zoom though but half the price

So I'm still in limbo at the moment fitting the nice and lightweight VCL stuff that has the slippy belts.

Try getting in touch with 360 Vision, better kit made by the people who used to be involved at VCL.

Try getting in touch with 360 Vision, better kit made by the people who used to be involved at VCL.

:hmm: is this also badged as the vantage dome?

Dennard 2060

ditto, installed 25 in the last month and only one blip, DM helpline good too, unless their on lunch and you get put through to the states. :yes:

Bri

trade.gif

Archived