Security Installer Community

Ptz Dome Query

Russ

ditto, installed 25 in the last month and only one blip, DM helpline good too, unless their on lunch and you get put through to the states. :yes:

Hang on... we get given lunch breaks?? :)

--

psumner@dmicros.com

Manufacturer

Oh and I can say the 360 stuff is good kit, say no more...

Hang on... we get given lunch breaks?? :)

Erm you mean you don't! shame that maybe it's a oh what's the word for it, darn gone it will come back to me though.. :P (sorry phil I couldn't resist). My break is at my desk so your probably not alone and I wonder how many others have a "proper" away from the job lunch break these days, but that would be a WHOLE new topic...

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fairly cheap i believe, easy to install, similar to the VCL kit so if you knew that, 360 was an easy next step.

Control kit again is similar to VCL which was simple to connect/build and easy to use.

I suspect the best selling point would be the price though.

hi all,

as we are on domes in general, thought i'd imopart this -:

LJD camera's imo are normally pretty god value, and i bought an LJD dome kit @ 500 + vat. it worked fine out of the box, but over a few weeks has kept losing the video.

now as it happens the supply to the pole was faulty with an intermittent switched spur. i did not want to assume responsibility for external works, by unknown sparks who had fitted a metal clad switched spur inside the pole, instead of weather proof one, so not happy to swap it out myself.

the client was being a bit of an 'a hole' and not getting the intermittent spur changed promptly even suggested i should have checked it before pricing (twatt). so naturally i think thats whats causing the video loss problem.

i return today and check, nice new weather proof spur fitted, but camera has no picture at the pole. so now i know the camera is the real problem and not the spur or coax both fitted by others.

i phone LJD to be told cheerfully 'oh yes, they had a fault on that model, when they get hot they shut down and in this weather well yes?. if you turn the power off and it restores when switched back on? yes, ah you need to replace the psu board, we have had a lot of trouble with them'.

f'n fantastic, ok, sh^t happens we all begrudgingly accept that, but what wrankles is they did not bother to contact me or those who had bought these faulty cameras from them in good faith, but left it until complaints roll in.

having done the above they then insist on the now infamous LJD RMA proceedure, saying unless you fill out this reched form they can not put the 'order' on the system.

what total bullocks! they now it was dodgy gear, they know we have had repeat calls and have to suffer the labour cost and embarrasement, surely they should have contacted me and sent out these boards without prompting?

but oh no, they want the invoice number, part number and date of invoice as though i'm some sort of naughty school child. information which i do not carry with me, and they have to hand on my record. i've only ever bought the one unit not thousands - thankfully, so this means more anger, frustration, delays and anoyance :ranting: .

if they were closer i'd be feeling some lapels and 'hair drying' whats left of the owner :yes:

nett result, my client is unhappy with me through no fault of mine (other than trusting LJD) = so now THIS client is going to SystemQ forthewith for my next orders, as at least they appear to care for my custom and seem very pro active, with paul available on line 24/7-52 :whistle: .

so i'll be talking to Paul on Monday as he now knows what gets right up my nose, i hpe he won't risk upsetting 'king arfur'.

if you read this Paul, what voltage are those external domes, and do they include the psu's in the price (if low voltage)?.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Well, I emailed and phoned 360 vision technology today, no one was in the office that could help me but I was promissed a call back. I stated in the email and call that I wanted 6 internal PTZ domes, 1 external a matrice and keyboard. BUT NO CALL OR EMAIL.

So they have lost points on that aspect already, so if anyone else would like to quote me please do!!!!

Regards.

Mark

secure4.me.uk digital cctv

Archived