Security Installer Community

Ademco Microtech Galaxy 16+

Guest Voyager

Guest Voyager

I have been delighted with the Ademco Microtech Galaxy 16+ that I had installed in my current property five years ago; it has all the features I need and reliability has been absolute. With dualtech sensors in garage and lounge preventing thermally induced "false" triggering the only such events have been a couple of spiders on the PIR in the utility room and the backup battery reaching the end of its life.

With a move to a non-alarmed hourse imminent I would like to know if the Galaxy 16+ is still available new or whether there other models of equivalent spec and with the same absolute reliability that I should consider?

TVM.

IMO the 16+ was the not the best of the Galaxy range, dont get me wrong its a good panel, but it was the budget level Galaxy.

There was a 8 but as Pete says the 16+ was entry level for most installation companies, you seamed very pleased with the system you had, this is down to the engineer that fitted it, a Galaxy or any other panel fitted badly could cause problems.

Choose you installer carefully see if they are a member if the NSI or SSAIB and get a couple of quotes.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Guest Voyager

Many thanks for the advice given; my next question should thus be "Recommended installers near Stratford-Upon-Avon, please?"

Incidentally:

No.

As it happens, my 16+ panel was installed by //.National Installer.// in commercial premises for six months then ripped out during building refurbishment and sold to me for installation in my home by Oak Park. The reason I ended up with it was that I wanted 10 sensors across three zones and Oak Park offered it to me for the same price as a standard 8 sensor setup. A healthy profit for them no doubt, but I was told from the outset where it had come from, it was well installed, totally reliable in use, and had all the features I wanted so I have been happy too.

The 16+ was on sale to any approved (on the List) ademco installers, we have loads of them out there, we little panel but we always tried to stick to the 18 and up, due to as Pete said the funny programming.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Archived