Security Installer Community

Naming & Shaming

Naming & Shaming

Just recently we had an incident when a member who had used someones services, posted in the subby forum and complained about them. That post has now been removed.

This is NOT what this forum is about, Naming & Shaming will not be tolerated.

3: You must not discriminate:

Discrimination against race, gender, nationality, or opinion is not allowed. Everybody is equal, and prejudice and hate do not help this forum. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this Forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, abusive, hateful, harassing, obscene, sexually explicit, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. Hate speech is not tolerated. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member.

At the time I acted by editing the members complaining post, and removing the reffered to persons link from the site.

This was possibly not the best action to take, but at the time it was what I thought best.

Should any member in future have an issue with the services offered by any member of this site, then in the first instance they should take it up with them. I really do not want to get involved but if required notify myself and I will consider removing the reffered to persons link from this site after contacting/talking to them.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

got to totally agree Dave,

life has taught me there is often many hidden facets to an argument/dispute, so life decree's not all arrangements will work to be satisfactory to all concerned.

we would need all the information and all the correspondence to make any well balanced and fair decision, but this is a forum not a court of law, it's members are not legally trained (with a few exceptions) so and should not assume that position in any judgment.

possible libel and slander is a matter for the legal processes available.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
got to totally agree Dave,

life has taught me there is often many hidden facets to an argument/dispute, so life decree's not all arrangements will work to be satisfactory to all concerned.

we would need all the information and all the correspondence to make any well balanced and fair decision, but this is a forum not a court of law, it's members are not legally trained (with a few exceptions) so and should not assume that position in any judgment.

possible libel and slander is a matter for the legal processes available.

regs

alan

ROFL

• 3 weeks later...
Naming & Shaming

Just recently we had an incident when a member who had used someones services, posted in the subby forum and complained about them. That post has now been removed.

At the time I acted by editing the members complaining post, and removing the reffered to persons link from the site.

This was possibly not the best action to take, but at the time it was what I thought best.

Should any member in future have an issue with the services offered by any member of this site, then in the first instance they should take it up with them. I really do not want to get involved but if required notify myself and I will consider removing the reffered to persons link from this site after contacting/talking to them.

Agree, we should emphasize more on cooperation, making progress via mutual effort. Shady issue should not be welcomed. :bruce_h4h:

• 7 months later...
Naming & Shaming

Couldnt agree more, you never hear the full story & customers DO tell lies / Exaggerate ( thaty spet right ? looks wrong somehow) especially when they dont want to pay up.

Having said that, some of the intruder jobs I've seen, especially residential ones, beggar belief !

Archived