Security Installer Community

Programming Groups On A Galaxy 48

whizzer

Hi everyone i am new to this forum but i hope to find it very useful as i am an engineer of over 18 years.

could anyone advise me on programming groups on a galaxy 48 please ?

i will explain how far i have got so far.....

I have already programmed the zones into groups for example zones 1001 - 1018 are programmed as group A1 and zones 1021 - 1028 are in group A2.

i want to set the system using two different devices for each group in that area, i have a chubb lock which i programmed as keyswitch to instantly set one group and i have a MAX external reader for group A2.

i have programmed 5 tags onto the prox RKP into users 1-5 and programmed those users for group A2 but when i present the tags to the prox or reader nothing happens.

when i lock the chubb it sets the system but im not sure if i am setting group A1 using the lock ?

any ideas please ?

thanks in advance

When you say programmed in the key prox keypad, did you do this using a and 1 or type the number into the max number option which is menu 7. Have you also assigned the timed set parameter in menu 8?

On the key switch have you programmed it as key switch or * key switch?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Hi Matthew thanks for the reply, im not that familiar with galaxy as far as groups go.

i have prog the chubb lock as * keyswitch yes but not sure if that is setting group A1 which i want it too.

as for the tags i have added the tag by pressing the A and 1 keys together and presenting the tag which then seems to be added as the numbers scroll across the display.

i have programmed MAX funtion to instant set.

not sure if i have programmed the timed set parameter in menu 8.

One of galaxies issues. It doesn't read keyprox and max tags the same. If you want to use a fob on a prox keypad and a max, you have to load the user twice is a pain. Presumable you have the black max tags? If so you need to type the number on them into menu 7 max no rather than using a and 1.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

yes its the black tags. so user menu 7 and put the number into the RKP ?

if i assaign 5 users to group A2 with the tags i presume the tags would set A2 using the external MAX reader ?

then how would i get the lock to set A1 ? its programmed as a zone (1008) *keyswitch

Archived