Security Installer Community

Access Control - Honeywell Vs Paxton

Guest rpb123

Iv Installed win pak and win pak pro for some years and added servers for the data base to systems with buildings across the country. You are better of talking to Northern (Honeywell) as there known now and they will call to site and spec the job and demo the kit to you and your customer. Contact them on 01444 251180 and ask for will or robin..

Give me a shout if you need any more info.

cheers

lee

Lee Sutton

E-Mail: leesutton@centurianfire.co.uk

Phone: 0845 094 9870

CENTURIAN FIRE & SECURITY (part of centurian group limited)

• 1 year later...

Rather than starting a new thread, I'll reopen this one! Tags/Tokens - Northern N300 system. Honeywell say its name has been changed and it should work with standard Honeywell Prox Tags however a second call to tech support says the product and its tags/tokens have been discontinued.

Can anyone tell me which tags/tokens will work?

I haven't used the honeywell, but have installed a lot of Paxton. I find Paxton very user friendly, and the support is excellent. I do have a few minor issues with the software and some other stuff.

I don't see why the Net2 Professional software isn't free, and I have had some grief lately with ACUs carrying different software versions. Previously, they used to update automatically on switch on - now, for some reason you have to go around doing a hard reset on all the ACUs that come on with old software.

Rather than starting a new thread, I'll reopen this one! Tags/Tokens - Northern N300 system. Honeywell say its name has been changed and it should work with standard Honeywell Prox Tags however a second call to tech support says the product and its tags/tokens have been discontinued.

Can anyone tell me which tags/tokens will work?

N300 is a new one on me. I suspect it is the NStar series (NS2). These usually use the standard Northern range of Readers (HID format) but may possibly have the Omniclass smart cards.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

• 3 weeks later...

the n300 has been discontinued and replaced with the NS1. As far as i know new tags are no longer available. These products are used for small installations and are primarily stand alone single door access control units

the NS2 can go up to 128 doors and is a networked computer controlled system with the Nstar software running as the headend. It can also be controlled by Winpak.

Winpak is similar to the Nstar with alot more features. There is no technical limit on the number of doors although you probably wouldnt go over 1000. The users can go up to a million depending on the computer spec running the system.

Prowatch is the big boy. If you are looking at a serious system which needs serious performance and redundency this is the one to go for. This system can run world wide at the highest security with multiple redundent servers. Maquariie bank runs this system worldwide and rio tinto as well. alot of prisons also have it as there main security system

www.honeywellaccess.com has alot of resources which talk about these systems. They also have online training available which is completely free and self paced.

If you are considering Honeywell its worth checking that equipment is available form any source and that you not tied into a cartel of approved installers for your future upgrades and main system intergration, just a thought!

Iv Installed win pak and win pak pro for some years and added servers for the data base to systems with buildings across the country. You are better of talking to Northern (Honeywell) as there known now and they will call to site and spec the job and demo the kit to you and your customer. Contact them on 01444 251180 and ask for will or robin..

Give me a shout if you need any more info.

cheers

lee

robin e theres a name from the past and present hi mate if your out there the fusions are still ok keep diving me old mucker

TVX systems what a good idea by the time the picture had downloaded the intruder would have been long gone.
SFE.Solutions security systems

Archived