Security Installer Community

Accenta 8

Guest Joe D

Guest Joe D

I am writing on behalf of my neighbour the house next door has accenta 8 and basic external sounder with 1 flashing LED at about 5 oclock

the alarm set off with siren sounding then the siren started to make funny noises sounding like chirps and the LED is not as bright as usual do you know what is wrong and do you have any ideas what could have caused it

I am writing on behalf of my neighbour the house next door has accenta 8 and basic external sounder with 1 flashing LED at about 5 oclock

the alarm set off with siren sounding then the siren started to make funny noises sounding like chirps and the LED is not as bright as usual do you know what is wrong and do you have any ideas what could have caused it

It's batteries are probably faulty; this is usually due to the alarm not being serviced, part of which process includes regular replacement of the batteries. Lack of servicing also leads to false alarms, which is what this sounds like.

If it's under contract ask your neighbour to get the alarm company to repair it. If it's not under contract he/she should ask a local alarm company to come and service it. Get 2 or 3 quotes first if possible.

That model is a DIY alarm so a professional company may (quite reasonably) suggest replacing parts of it.

Assuming of course that the property wasn't being broken into and the alarm was simply doing what it was meant too :hmm:

If you read the original post he says "I am writing on behalf of my neighbour" so presumably not. And I doubt it's meant to make funny chirps!

If you read the original post he says "I am writing on behalf of my neighbour" so presumably not. And I doubt it's meant to make funny chirps!

His neighbour may be on holiday and he doesn't know what the alarm is mean to sound like.

Many people phone alarm companies every day with similiar reports.

We used to get this problem with an old type box that used a plastic domed speaker for it's siren. A nastly old vertical box about 2" deep with a red or blue round strobe on the front.

The chirping was an indication of water or dampness getting into the box and shorting out the circuitry.

A new bellbox was the only way to shut up the ticking sort of chirping noise it emited.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

We used to get this problem with an old type box that used a plastic domed speaker for it's siren. A nastly old vertical box about 2" deep with a red or blue round strobe on the front.

The chirping was an indication of water or dampness getting into the box and shorting out the circuitry.

A new bellbox was the only way to shut up the ticking sort of chirping noise it emited.

QFA

Normally happens at 3am, when its raining sideways... :cold2:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

QFA

Normally happens at 3am, when its raining sideways... :cold2:

Remember, going back to the original post, he did say:

"the alarm set off with siren sounding then the siren started to make funny noises sounding like chirps and the LED is not as bright as usual "

So, sounds like it started normally then went "chirpy". What do you pro's reckon - battery or damp or something else?

Remember, going back to the original post, he did say:

"the alarm set off with siren sounding then the siren started to make funny noises sounding like chirps and the LED is not as bright as usual "

So, sounds like it started normally then went "chirpy". What do you pro's reckon - battery or damp or something else?

Good bet its damp, Normally happens after a lot of rain :hmm:

Edit: Good bet its a old Flashguard type sounder

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Archived