Security Installer Community

Microsoft Warns On Browser Bugs

j.paul

Microsoft warns on browser bugs

Microsoft has urged consumers to be wary as three newly discovered bugs leave people open to attack while using the internet.

All three flaws affect the software giant's Internet Explorer browser.

Security firms said the vulnerabilities were already being targeted by malicious hackers keen to catch out unsuspecting users.

Microsoft said it would produce patches for the vulnerabilities in its next security update due on 11 April.

More info

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Hmm because its useless

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Hmm because its useless

That would make you an idiot then. I've been using Firefox for around a couple of years or so and have not had any problems, in fact, it is miles beter than IE IMO. I have also converted most of my family, a few small businesses and various other people who have got me in to de-crappy their PC's over to Firefox and none of them have had any complaints either.

Saying IE is likely to have bugs is like saying KP roasted peanuts may contain nuts. It's a fact of life.

The only problem i've found is when trying to download attachments in fire fox ie. Manuals or piccies,

when you go "save as" you get a index.php in the name space the only way to get the files,

Is to open the files and then save, which i'd rather download to a specific directory.

If anyone knows an add-in or another method please let me know

Dean Wholey

NCC

Dean.Wholey@Ntlworld.com

The only reason people find so many bugs in IE is because there's so many people looking for them, given the continued rise in popularity of firefox I've no doubt the same number of bugs will be found in that once enough people are using it to make the hackers feel its 'worthwhile'.

Last check it was something like 75% of the internet used IE, why would anyone bother targetting a browser that less than a quarter of people use?

Dont think your any safer/better by using Firefox. your just not on the list yet. :fear:

egg03064.gif

Dont think your any safer/better by using Firefox. your just not on the list yet. :fear:

Probably right.

But then I would rather be using what I think is a reasonably good bit of "unpopular" software rather than going through all the **** I used to experience with IE.

If it gets targeted there will be something new and less popular to take its place...... :)

That would make you an idiot then.

Saying IE is likely to have bugs is like saying KP roasted peanuts may contain nuts. It's a fact of life.

QFA!!

and actually it is not limited to IE only.. :whistle:

any MS product will do.

Archived