Security Installer Community

Galaxy 8+

Guest alan crooks

Guest alan crooks

can anybody tell me how to change the code on this keypad. just moved into a new house with this alarm and i would like to change the code, because everybody and his mate knows it

Guest jasonh
can anybody tell me how to change the code on this keypad. just moved into a new house with this alarm and i would like to change the code, because everybody and his mate knows it

ENTER YOUR CODE PRESS ENT, PRESS 4 FOR CODE CHANGE,

PRESS B TO TAKE YOU TO MGR CODE PRESS ENT

ENTER NEW COD PRESS ENTER JOB DONE ESC ESC SHOULD TAKE YOU BACK TO ORIGINAL PAGE

:gimme:

The code he has may not be the manager code, he may need it defaulting and reprograming :hmm:

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Guest alan crooks

thanks lads but, here is what i did. followed code change and changed user 1 code to the number i wanted, but when i tryed to set the alarm with the old code, it worked (setting the alarm) and when i tried setting the alarm with the new code it alarm, it also worked (setting the alarm) i do not want the old code to be used, as this is the one every body may know. any ideas thanks in advance.

That is because you changed or made user 1. The code that everyone may know is obviously a different user number, it may well be the manager code.

Scroll along the user code list to find any that are assigned to a code (User 1 - 27. 28 Is the manager code) (look at the block on the screen next to the user number, a full (shaded) block means it has a code. An empty one means its clear).

Change or erase any that are assigned other than the ones you want. Try editing the manager code first (User 28) as this is probably the code you have.

Good luck

The above is my personal opinion and not that of my employer or anyone else.

Archived