Security Installer Community

Security Master Control Panel Problem

Guest luker

Guest luker

can anyone help ive just purchased a 8 zone alarm system but when i installed it the panel shows all the zones lit up when they shouldnt be even with panel not attached and running on back up battery, panel is all lit up can anyone help

1) Switch off red text!

Done.

2) Post make/model of panel.

Read the topic title.

Sounds to me like a misunderstanding of alarms is to blame here. I would recommend you put down the tools and work out what you're doing *before* fitting an alarm system.

Guest Alarm Guard
put down the tools and work out what you're doing *before* fitting an alarm system.

Hmmm....... I must remember that tip... :hmm::P

Err, we'd be unable to help without some basic info at least...

whats connected and where, that sort of thing.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Guest luker

sorry its a security master tp 800 ,the problem is as soon as i add back up batteries all the zone lights come on with the power light . when i connect it to the backing panel the lights stay on and the panel lets me change codes and use panic alarm,but no arming alarm or anything else i checked all connections and there fine,the strange thing is every so often after checking connections zone lights will go out with just power light showing as the manual states but theres no sound and nothing else works i can post pics of manual or control panel if that helps i know its a cheap alarm but can anyone help.

Guest Alarm Guard
sorry its a security master tp 800 ,the problem is as soon as i add back up batteries all the zone lights come on with the power light . when i connect it to the backing panel the lights stay on and the panel lets me change codes and use panic alarm,but no arming alarm or anything else i checked all connections and there fine,the strange thing is every so often after checking connections zone lights will go out with just power light showing as the manual states but theres no sound and nothing else works i can post pics of manual or control panel if that helps i know its a cheap alarm but can anyone help.

I don't know this panel, maybe others do, not sure..... but a photo would certainly help

Paul

Not sure about the panel, but I would say it's possible that you have blown some fuses. You say there is no sound...... That's the speaker fuse possiby gone. possibly aux fuse too. That is, if like you state, all your wiring is correct. Check aux voltages and alarm loop continuities.

Trade Member

can anyone help ive just purchased a 8 zone alarm system but when i installed it the panel shows all the zones lit up when they shouldnt be even with panel not attached and running on back up battery, panel is all lit up can anyone help

assuming access to and a basic knowledge of a reasonable multi meter, and it's not got to be the latest okay cokey 3000, but will have possibly cost you more than your control panel is worth :P .

just a word of caution, you may think you are acting responsibly by trying to protect your property worth in probalby in excess of

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived