Security Installer Community

Cut Wire

Guest cliff

Guest cliff

No, I didn't have a panel fuse, but the old kichen foil trick did the job, and yes I will see if I can buy the correct fuse when I get the time.

the old kichen foil trick did the job, and yes I will see if I can buy the correct fuse when I get the time.

Tell me how much spare time you have after your house burns down... :no::fear:

Without the correct fuse you could seriously harm yourself, for example If the battery resistance drops too low it stands a good chance of exploding like a hand grenade. :fear:

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

tin foil, you know how much heat it can stand, before it gives up

:sofa1:

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

tin foil, you know how much heat it can stand, before it gives up

:sofa1:

I was more worried about how much current it would carry :fear:

I bet it's over 40 amps. :hmm:

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Guest pookie
dont forget to baste your battery every 15 mins, and turn it over every 45.

I'm prob a bit late on this thread.

This should go to the horrors page. :fear:

House burnt down but hey the bell worked

PLEASE Get an expert prob under

No, I didn't have a panel fuse, but the old kichen foil trick did the job, and yes I will see if I can buy the correct fuse when I get the time.

the fuses can be bought from www.Maplins.co.uk i suggest you either buy some on line or visit one of their many stores - pronto! :bruce_h4h:

what caused the 1amp fuse to blow? are you capable of tracing it?, if you answere 'no' to both or either of these, what ever it was is unlikely to cause the 'old tin foil trick' to blow, thats why true tradesmen do not use this 'trick'.

results minimum can cause a track/s on the pcb to be burnt out rendering the controls usless - worse loss of life of your family and/or yourself due to resultant fire. THE FUSE IS THERE FOR A VERY GOOD REASON!! :yes:

the short is most likely external to the panel, perhaps under the carpet or in a roof space - highly inflamable dust is trapped here just waiting for a little glow of heat caused by the 'old tin foil' trick.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest cliff

Thanks for all your sound advice, thought you would like to know I am still in an uncooked state and have bought the correct fuses - I know I shouldn't have done it but it was the simple way of confirming what the problem was.

Hi

I have a Care Tech 1500 and have cut through the cable leading to the outside alarm box,I have re-joined the 6 cables and, done a walk through test and all the detectors work, when I do the Bell Test the outside alarm sounds and flashes, but the indoor alarm does not work, and I cannot set the alam on either full or part. Can anyone help, many thanks if you can.

I wonder how he re-joined the cable after cutting through it? Sellotape perhaps?

Archived