Security Installer Community

Cut Wire

Guest cliff

Guest cliff

No - I solderd the wires, by the way I did get the "experts" in and they wanted to set up annual contracts and an up front payment - just to change a fuse - I don't think so !

No - I solderd the wires, by the way I did get the "experts" in and they wanted to set up annual contracts and an up front payment - just to change a fuse - I don't think so !

It might seem that all the professionals would do is "change the fuse", but a professional company would do much more than that. The cause of the fuse blowing may appear to be obvious - you cut the cable, but there could be more than one cause for the same symptom (of course there may not be). A professional company will investigate other potential causes, and, if they want to set up a maintenance contract, will check over the entire system

Congratulations on fixing it yourself this time (even if I don't think much of your diagnostic method!), but please don't rubbish the pros just because they want to charge for their services and their knowledge.

D7

Guest cliff

It was the "smart butt" comment from colin about using sellotape that caused me to make the last comment, if you read through my other posts you will see that I have been respectfull and thanked people for their advice.

Archived