Security Installer Community

Sl Compact

Guest The Street End

Guest The Street End

Hi,

Ive just bought a new house but it was re-possessed from the previous owners, I had my electricity switched back on today, turned all of my fuses on and when I flicked the switch for my sockets the keypad on SL Compact starts making a noise and the red tamper light comes on. As the last owners where kicked out of the house they have not left me a pin number and I cant move in until I get it sorted, what can I do? is there a way I can just turn it off for now without turning off my electricity to my sockets?

any help would be very much appreciated!

There should be a fused spur next to the control panel, remove this and it will stop it powering up. But it sounds like it could do with a service, if you past your location some one on the site may be able to help you

Regadrs Paul

Paul

Trade Member

Guest The Street End

thank you very much for that, ill give it a go in a minute, Im in Liverpool, postcode is L12

sorry for sounding daft, but what is a fused spur? is this on the keypad itself?

cheers.

DO NOT delve inside the spur, simply pop the fuse out with a flat blade screwdriver and a suitable knife. I have seen many panels fitted without these and then the only option left is to disconnect it from the sockets ring main. Though if you dont know what a spur is then I would seriously advise you to get a qualified person in to do it. It aint a big job (usually)

Trade Member

Guest The Street End

brilliant, Im off round there now, fingers crossed and thanks for the help!

i havent a clue to be honest so if its wired straight in Ill seek help.

Guest The Street End

Just thought Id pop back on and say thanks again for the advice, I found the fuse (upstairs in the immersion heater cupboard!) and popped it out, worked a treat.

Dont think ill bother getting the system serviced as an alarm that can be disabled by simply switching of the electricity or removing a fuse isnt worth having! time to invest in a new one!

thanks again

Normally you couldnt (or shouldnt) be able to disable an alarm by removing the mains fuse but probably because the system has been powered down and not serviced the battery back-up is stone dead.

Shouldnt cost too much to get it living again.. :yes:

• 3 months later...
Guest davedixon

I've moved in to a house in which the previous tentants are uncontable and the landlord does not know the code to the alarm. Is there a way to reset this and put in a new code?

Not without the services of an engineer.

If you inherit an alarm from a previous occupant with unknown history a service is always the best thing to have done. While it's been serviced the engineer should be able to sort out the codes for you.

Archived