Security Installer Community

Sl Compact

Guest The Street End

I've moved in to a house in which the previous tentants are uncontable and the landlord does not know the code to the alarm. Is there a way to reset this and put in a new code?

yes, if you have the manual, its usually in there. mind, you might need to reporgram the alarm from scratch. dont expect any help with engineer manuals from here. there trated with more secrecy than anything else. they want it to sound like its harder than it is so they get more work.

they want it to sound like its harder than it is so they get more work.

Simon,

That is really not the reason why we are 'secretive' about engineer manuals. If everyone could easily access this information for any alarm panel then it would significantly reduce the security of everyone with an alarm system. This is something that we, as engineers, are aware of and something the manufacturers insist on.

As posts on this forum demonstrate, we are quite happy to give advice to those who need it, as long as that advice does not put them or others at risk.

dont expect any help with engineer manuals from here. there trated with more secrecy than anything else. they want it to sound like its harder than it is so they get more work.

I think you need to read up in some of the topics on this subject. There are very detailed reasons why engineer manuals are not handed out willy nilly and it doesn't involve anyone getting more work.

No-one's making it look harder than it is, people like you seem to think they know everything but in reality know nothing. You're not on your own though, there's plenty of you about.

they want it to sound like its harder than it is so they get more work.

says the guy who asked this

i want to install an alarm into my house. whats the best place to run the cables? i have seen in some places they run around the room under the carpet. is this ia good idea or should they be under the floorboards?

less than a year & gosh he know's everything :rolleyes:

can you help me out?

having probelms getting a 9056 digi to work on galaxy 60 ;)

says the guy who asked this

less than a year & gosh he know's everything :rolleyes:

can you help me out?

having probelms getting a 9056 digi to work on galaxy 60 ;)

actually, ive installed a few alarm before i asked that, just the people i work with aint the best at placing the cables, so asked your opinion

also, if i have an alarm, im entitled to a copy manuals etc. when you go buy a new car you dont expect to be told by suppliers that they keep the manaul and you have to go back to them for everything

Guest rjbsec
actually, ive installed a few alarm before i asked that, just the people i work with aint the best at placing the cables, so asked your opinion

also, if i have an alarm, im entitled to a copy manuals etc. when you go buy a new car you dont expect to be told by suppliers that they keep the manaul and you have to go back to them for everything

Just to clarify - when you buy a new car you get a User manual, you don't get servicing manuals etc.

And also most appliances you buy for your home supply you with a user manual. Servicing\engineering manuals aren't given out at purchase and generally aren't handed out even if you ask.

Why is it you feel that the alarm industry is the one to have a go at? Why not go and complain about not having your TV service manual, you washing machine\tumble dryer\cooker serice manuals...........

Come back and let us know when you have an service\engineer manual for every item you own except your alarm.

Is it just me or is this like the 5th topic in a row that i have read and somewhere along the line 'Simon D' has slatted the alarm industry and engineers? :!: :hmm::banned:

Regards,

Ranger

The above is my personal opinion and not that of my employer or anyone else.

actually, ive installed a few alarm before i asked that, just the people i work with aint the best at placing the cables,

why are they "placing" cables if your installing them??

also, if i have an alarm, im entitled to a copy manuals etc.

if i pop down to wh smith and buy a book can i copy that???

or my cd collection???

when you go buy a new car you dont expect to be told by suppliers that they keep the manaul and you have to go back to them for everything

true but you don't get the workshop manual nor do you get the software, whilst where on the subject of car can you buy all parts for you car from a non dealer source or just waterpumps & body panels ect... need an ecu or lid for your glove box its either the main dealer or the local breakers.

What is your trade anyway???

Archived