Security Installer Community

Ade Viper Shock Sensor

Guest john mck

Whats wrong with latch or fit the risistor and have 1st to latch.

Also if fitting to a galaxy power the vipers from an output and program as switch dc and reflex this will reset them every time the system is set.

In the old days when panels had 4>8 zones we would some times have to put more than 1 on a zone but would wire in 8 core to give notice of 1st to alarm as req by BS 4737 (good old days ) 1st led flash rest that where activated would stay on all the time till panel reset, and all would go out. now plenty zones so best have sep zone each .

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

Sorry, I was in a hurry to go out when I posted the query,

Just to clarify a couple of things. "Aaron May": Yes we are alarm engineers.

This equipment is running on a Gardtec 840. in a large retail building.

There is a zone expander in this "area" allowing us to run 8 eol zones or 4x4wire.

As the group of 9 Vipers are all in a large stock room, the need for first to alarm is not critical, apart from that we don't have enough spare zones on the expander. as we have 360 Pirs and door contacts in the same "area" Stock room / Goods in/ Despatch etc.

With the zone expander we have the options of AZ zones or TZ zones and we were advised by Gardiners tech desk to put the Vipers on TZ zones, which we have. The vipers are about two meters apart and as the building is tin sheet construction, a whack on the outside will trigger detectors either side of the impact point.

The Client insisted we fitted shock detectors at these intervals, ( I am used to clients trying to save money by cutting down on the spec, but not upping the spec! Now If I tell him he is wrong and there is a successful break in, I am going to look slightly stupid.

As for the "doubling up" thought by Anguscanplay, the end viper is wired as EOL, with the ones in line having a shunt resistor across the alarm pair to carry the loop through to the end.

Although, I am going off the track here.

What I really wanted to know was if any of you had found Vipers with a "asleep" led. This is in the unset mode.

The area is powered from it's own 5ah psu, just for this area. so it ain't a power problem.

The panel is only capable of 80 zones and we are filling them up fast, so I don't want to use 14 of them, just for Vipers.

I have tried to phone ade viper's tech support line, even though it is an 0906 @50 per minute, continually engaged!!!

So I guess I am looking for clues, plus if we have got a faulty batch, then I want to swap them asap.

Thanks for all the response so far guys, Oh, no they don't false alarm now, we had some teething problems one night during a hail storm, but with two way radios and loads of time we have adjusted the pots about right! ( say's he, probably get called out tonight!)

Any ideas would be welcome.

Guest anguscanplay

are they powered from a latch output from the panel if so they should all be unlit when the system is unset first thing in the morning and some will flash during the day when they have detected the vibrations of the user moving round slamming doors etc however check if they are all from the same batch / curcuit board design as some of the older vipers used to work the lights the other way ie some would flash after the first detection from power up and flash all the time and you would then be looking for them to go off when you were testing but some would only flash when you were testing them

the thing i mean about doubling up is with grade three sites most panels now look for three resistor values typically 4k6 tamper 11k7 alarm and 18k4 masked so two open devices on one curcuit could generate a false mask signal esp with the risco stuff

Guest anguscanplay

if three of them activate hes looking at a tamper signal not a alarm

would be interesting to get some furthest point volt readings and resistance too

some flash and some dont would need to do a two man walktest to prove they are working it could be he is just describing normal operation as i said before

NINE !!!!! :o

I ment IMO, the most powered shocks i have ever put on one zone is 2 and i hated doing that.

who else puts multiple powered shocks on one zone? as unless inertia i always run on their own zone.

hi Aaron,

i'm with you, i know a lot of firms do put several on a zone, but then you rely on the client checking the indicator's on bell only's. imo viper same as pir, keep them on their own zone.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I've got to agree with the majority here, putting 9 shocks on one circuit with no 1st to alarm is asking for trouble.

Unfortunately, not having used these shocks before I can't help you, so long as they are doing their job though I can't see a problem?

Archived