Security Installer Community

Call Out

Guest Fused Spur

Guest Fused Spur

Hi Fellers

What are your views on call outs, :hmm:

What systems do you work to what were the best you have heard of.

We are just considering offering 24hour when we go SSAIB.

What do you think is good for an engineer and a companys point of view.

Your input woill be much valued.

cheers chaps

Warren

6th Sense Security Ltd

If you go for SSAIB you wont have a choice, you will HAVE to offer 24 hour callout

Ditto that - 24-hour callout will be a MUST.

How you acheive that will be up to you - we use business telephone and mobile telephone for the working day, plus a pager linked to an "out-of-hours" personal message handling service supplied by our ARC.

If you where installing to BS4737 then you had to offer 24hr callout as per british standards and iam sure that PD6662 and EN5031 mention this as well (must read them).

As Monteey stated if you going to join one of the inspectorates then you dont have a chance.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Guest Fused Spur

I know guys

I was refering to what engineers and manager/owners thought of payments, shifts, sleep time etc

Nice to see you are keeping me in line though.

Guest Fused Spur
We pay a standby and per callout, if the engineer is out all night (which is as rare as rocking horse poo) they get time off to recoop.

Our engineers are on one night in 4 at the moment.

Pete

thanks pete am i being cheaky in aking how much you pay them?

You will find it different at most places,

Im on call every sixth night (main eng) and in between that I will do a back up eng. I only get paid when Im out, no calls no pay. Time and a half till midnight then double after and all day sunday.

If Im out after midnight then I take an hour off for every hour worked after midnight, this is a legal requirement. :)

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Guest Fused Spur

Thanks for your input so far.

I'd like some ideas of what ways of approaching call out that you thought were good (realisictic of course)

keep me posted!

Archived