Security Installer Community

Call Out

Guest Fused Spur

hi all,

thankfully i have not worked a call out for rota 25 years.

on Chubbs Regional Area's (not London) you got paid a standby and no overtime on a 1 week in 3 rota. you worked normql days and standby at night. it was a very double edged sword, the payments were averaged and paid monthly to keep your income regular.

if you were out due to electrical storms all weekend, it meant no extra wonger, and if they called you in when not on duty they'd say 'well you get paid standby each week'. which was not really the case asit was for one week in 3 averaged over 52.

i did fight it as a shop steward, but those staunch complainers arround me, just simply melted away when it came to the crunch, so could not get anywhere and i eventually left havng secured a much better deal on Shield Protection in London.

i don't know if its changed now as i do not have any Chubb contacts in the regions, i'd be interested if if did/has though.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

i did fight it as a shop steward, but those staunch complainers arround me, just simply melted away when it came to the crunch

Must be a souther softee attitude, same outcome with an industrial action issue at Securicor, the cockneys wussed it!

Archived