Security Installer Community

Outside Horn/sounder

ranger

Sounds like a good idea to me..

I just dont want that to happen again if i cut it out..

I dunno how long the battery will last if i cut it...

The area it is in is at the back of the premises and the sound carries over the very large field oppersite.. into all the roads near by.

Good for a real alarm i suppose.. not good in the middle of the day and you cant open it.

Just wish i knew what core is what.. at least i could know what sets it off.. what would silence it :S

EDIT: So what would be a good 'today' version of this then?.. or are they still good but this one is old?

The above is my personal opinion and not that of my employer or anyone else.

Sounds like a good idea to me..

I just dont want that to happen again if i cut it out..

I dunno how long the battery will last if i cut it...

The area it is in is at the back of the premises and the sound carries over the very large field oppersite.. into all the roads near by.

Good for a real alarm i suppose.. not good in the middle of the day and you cant open it.

Just wish i knew what core is what.. at least i could know what sets it off.. what would silence it :S

EDIT: So what would be a good 'today' version of this then?.. or are they still good but this one is old?

The new Rapier is alright if you're going for looks. I would remove it and fit a Novagard 4Q in its place if you're after volume (123db with onboard 1.2ah battery), providing you can "persuade" the Rapier off the wall :whistle:

Trade Member

Don't know what your situation is with the client, but I wouldn't be connecting up an "unknown" sounder that can't be opened, with no real idea how it is wired etc. Especially if we were maintaining it.

It needs changing. I would crowbar it off the wall and fit new.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Don't know what your situation is with the client, but I wouldn't be connecting up an "unknown" sounder that can't be opened, with no real idea how it is wired etc. Especially if we were maintaining it.

It needs changing. I would crowbar it off the wall and fit new.

QFA

Or the claw of a hammer usually does the job

If you don't know......ask.

Hey,

Thanks for your replies,

No, i wasnt / never will connect it up without knowing about it. Which is why i asked.

Leaving it or ripping it off the wall seems good.

:P

I may fit something else or just leave it, its not exactly needed but it would make the alarm audible from the front (bell box) and then the back.

Obviously tho, the site doesnt depend on the audible.

:whistle:

Ranger

The above is my personal opinion and not that of my employer or anyone else.

Archived