Security Installer Community

Texecom Proximity Tags - How Do They Work

Guest heliart

I used to have a customer with an old A&G keyswitch operated panel who insisted on leaving the key in the panel at all times just so he wouldn't lose it!
nothing to do with security then?

As a system, best kit in the world with the finest engineer fitting it, is flawed without taking into account the user/s.

Guest anguscanplay
As a system, best kit in the world with the finest engineer fitting it, is flawed without taking into account the user/s.

no an alarm by definition has to work a certain way, the fact a user claims they cannot use what is required is their failure and not a reason to compramise the level of security.

using a tag entering a code or unlocking a door - what are you suggesting is any easier?

To be fair I have also seen alarm access codes written adjacent to the keypad.

LOL. I know. You cant help some people.

Think that just confirms though, RA should include user/s ability AND liability. Come to that disabilty too. Does the DDA affect risk assesment? If not/why not?

no an alarm by definition has to work a certain way, the fact a user claims they cannot use what is required is their failure and not a reason to compramise the level of security.

If when designing the system the users ability/claims are not taken into account, that is a failure on the part of the designer.

using a tag entering a code or unlocking a door - what are you suggesting is any easier?

[color="#4169E1"]Yes, to some people there is a difference. Without wishing to sound crass, we've fitted fobs for those who struggle to push buttons, and likewise people do forget where they have left their keys etc.[/quote]

Guest anguscanplay
Yes, to some people there is a difference. Without wishing to sound crass, we've fitted fobs for those who struggle to push buttons, and likewise people do forget where they have left their keys etc.

And now I've bugg**d up me colours, (just to prove that the best of us .......................)lol

that look better? - LOL

all good points but nothing to do with the increased level of security provided by tags, or indeed the reduced level by using a lock set which is my point - the user has to adapt not the installation

DDA woudlnt affect the grading risk assemement unless you were excluding able bodied intruders.

You would grade your system as say G3c then decide on an unsetting method. 6.4.5 may be acceptable, but as above it may not be. Personally id suggest that using the access control to start entry time and disable confirm would br a good option in a DDA compliant environment. We must remeber that DD243 is purly a confirm std and designed to help lower the false alarm rate. And it has worked...so far.

But anyway we are going wildly off topic now.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived