Security Installer Community

Old Panel - Anyone Know?

Guest aechlin

Guest aechlin

Happy New Year all

I seem to remember my parents had a Modern Alarms system fitted 20 so years ago. The end station was beigey brown in colour, 15 inch high, 12 inch wide and 4 inch deep. It had about 10 red illuminated push buttons going down the panel 4 inches from the left hand side and a round high security keyswitch (set/unset/bell test/silence if I can remember) 1/4 the way down on the right, again 4 inch in. I did have it to play with when they had //.National Installer.// in to upgrade (they soon had to pull that out as the hassle they gave my mother with maintainance etc). The zone cards all had a 4 pole change over relay on them, a couple on a pcb. I am for some reason intrigued as to who made ths panel - does anyone remember it? Also, the masses of 6 and 8 core cable that were all solid conductor...........

Happy New Year all

I seem to remember my parents had a Modern Alarms system fitted 20 so years ago. The end station was beigey brown in colour, 15 inch high, 12 inch wide and 4 inch deep. It had about 10 red illuminated push buttons going down the panel 4 inches from the left hand side and a round high security keyswitch (set/unset/bell test/silence if I can remember) 1/4 the way down on the right, again 4 inch in. I did have it to play with when they had //.National Installer.// in to upgrade (they soon had to pull that out as the hassle they gave my mother with maintainance etc). The zone cards all had a 4 pole change over relay on them, a couple on a pcb. I am for some reason intrigued as to who made ths panel - does anyone remember it? Also, the masses of 6 and 8 core cable that were all solid conductor...........

Agree with Eng does sound like the Modern 80 series. Usually wired with solid links to avoid wiskers shorting to adjacent conections as they were very close. Great PSU and fun to wire and service,you could guarantee at least one screw would come loose between services and you would be lucky to find one with a complete set of fixing screws on their lids :whistle:

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

Agree with Eng does sound like the Modern 80 series. Usually wired with solid links to avoid wiskers shorting to adjacent conections as they were very close. Great PSU and fun to wire and service,you could guarantee at least one screw would come loose between services and you would be lucky to find one with a complete set of fixing screws on their lids :whistle:

i had one in a chip shop,complete with old mw detection,you could take all 4 lid screws out and the grease kept the lid on.. :eekout:

Not so technical as that Whistle mate, I used the screw driver that I took the lid screws out with to reset em.

Best wishes

Vince

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

Archived