Security Installer Community

Makes It Worthwhile

I have realy good footage of an armed robbery off one of my systems i would up load it but its 509 meg.

The police said the quality was far better than the usual stuff they get.

Ps whats the max up load?

i will trim it down and post it

PPS what can i use to edit mpegs

post-1613-1140041991_thumb.jpgGot a photo off the down loaded info off the DVR here but windows movie maker keeps crashing when i try and edit the whole file.

You need to see the whole 10 min cctv clip its quality . It all kicks off in the shop and the armed robber ends up getting caught by the police.

I was going to post another clip from a night club with a girl but the upload crashed as file to large

it is a quality clip from last sat at 2:30 am.

i have removed the faulty dvr today and thaught i would hava a look at the contents

i am glad i did ?? LOL

What is your problem with NACOSS companies? Im sure you do ever so well and congratulate you on the speed of your response but get off the NACOSS case your beginning to sound very boring.

Jef

whats my problem, its with N.A.C.O.S.S. :bruce_h4h: ? not the honest registered companies - unless they are found wanting as that company was.

my full views would jam this forum completely if i wrote it all out - but you did ask so i'll tell you some of them.

mainly, its the assumption actively promoted to the public and insurrance companies, that a N.A.C.O.S.S. registered installer will automatically be far superior to any small independent, it's a serious mis-representation of the truth concerning the many small very good quality companies out there.

many like mine were started because the standards were dropped so low at the company they worked for, and actually reprimmanded or promotion withheld for spending the time to do the work properly, especially maintenance visits.

i especially take issue when N.A.C.O.S.S. promotional paper work, some of which was pushed through my own letterbox - states 'N.A.C.C.O.S.' guarentee's that the registered companies sales reps, service engineers, installation enigineers down to the stores cat are fully trained, equiped blah blah - then rarely if ever expel or suspend serious and regular offenders - O'h did i miss something here do N.A.C.O.S.S. actually run trade training (no not seminars) courses to ensure this, and what personel would do that training?.

at the IFSEC South several years ago i went on to the stand to enquire, i asked the question how many inspectorate they had? Ten was the reply, but actually 3 were off sick, 2 had retired an 2 on holiday. astonished at this low manpower i then asked the ratio i.e. how many installations per year are registered with them? "over 100,000" devided that by the available inspectorate? well the ratio per inspector per year was not forthcomming but a very embarrassed red face was.

i then asked where the inspectorate were recruited from? brightenning up he said "mostly from the royal corps of signals and some from the Police". well they are a very fine body of men and women the RCS, and i am proud we have them on our nations side, every single sole of them - but with the greatest respect WTF do they know about installing and maintaining intruder alarms - had they done a YOPS course to qualify? it seemed to me to be simply jobs for the boys!

if recruitement was from within the trade they would be better equiped and respected all to be able to do the job, and spotting the errors more effectively, offering sound advice based on personal experience.

finally (for now) i asked if i was to become affiliated, and was to attend a system installed by a fellow affiliated member and then were to find serious sins, would they accept my report and take further action to remedy it on the clients behalf, especially after say many false alarms or system perfomance issues?

totally astounded it was suggested it would not be my place to report any problems to N.A.C.O.S.S., but the customers responsibility". well again, WTF do the clients know of the standards and practices - my conclusion is it's ok letting the cat watch the cream then!

to join this organisation would be to in my view to promote and seem to condone something which i think is below what of what the public percieve, something that has simularities to 'CORGI' for the Gas industry, and nobody questions their standing or effectiveness.

bet your glad you asked now :rolleyes: i'm just a bitter old school engineer so ignore me :whistle:

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Yes, but rather than lose out on work and not be able to provide your clients with police response, and satisfy insurance requirements why don't you join and just do a good job?

Or join the SSAIB :)

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Archived