Security Installer Community

Anti Masking Pirs

As the name suggests anti mask pirs will signal the panel when something is placed in front of them, the distance differs with each model. The idea being you stop people going around a premises putting boxes in front of all the pirs before doing the place over. Also it stops moronic staff blocking the detector with stock. Usually the anti mask is on a separate relay so can be wired as part of the zone or as part of a dedicated anto mask zone

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Our Company's Fitted A Few G3 Systems And The Anti Masked DT's Are Driving Us Mad

I Believe That The Panel's Have To Be Set To Engineer Reset And A Call Out Required To Inspect Said DT's

While In Technical Mode

Most Apply To The Trade Forum

Our Company's Fitted A Few G3 Systems And The Anti Masked DT's Are Driving Us Mad

I Believe That The Panel's Have To Be Set To Engineer Reset And A Call Out Required To Inspect Said DT's

I don't think so. The AM facility should only be operative when the panel is in unset mode. Moving the offending object should clear the AM fault and allow the system to set. AFAIK.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Guest Trulloman

The new galaxy uses the same loop as the alarm and tamper but you use a different size shunt resistor for the antimask contacts and the panel then knows by the loop resistance which has activated.

I don't think so. The AM facility should only be operative when the panel is in unset mode. Moving the offending object should clear the AM fault and allow the system to set. AFAIK.

That's my understanding of it too. Most panels (that I've seen) seem to delay the detection of the mask too.

... Moving the offending object should clear the AM fault and allow the system to set. AFAIK.

depending of the AM PIR it might also want a PIR to trip before it clears tha AM alarm.

Galaxy Mask Resistor Is 12k Along Side The Usual 2X 1K's

Is Was A Galaxy G3 Panel With Their Intellisense DT5550

Three Full Trips Resets The DT (Or Programmable To 1 Via DIP S/W)

And I Am Told By Galaxy Tech The Anti Mask Reset Should Be Level 7

Yes The Panel Will Set After The DT Has Reset But It Still Shows The Mask Till Level 7 Reset Given

But Please Correct Me If You've Found Any Difference

cheers

That's my understanding of it too. Most panels (that I've seen) seem to delay the detection of the mask too.

Spotted That as Well

Archived