Security Installer Community

Van Insurance

mrdibbler

Hello,

Im going to be self employed come the new year and I have just put a deposit down on a van. Ive been a company van driver for about 8 years and have never had my own insurance. Can anyone recommend a good company to go to as Ive been quoted some ridiculous figures so far.

Thanks

If you can get your company to write a note to say that you have had no accidents in the last four or five years then you should get ncb for however many years you have been accident free.

Pete

Yep.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

If you can get your company to write a note to say that you have had no accidents in the last four or five years then you should get ncb for however many years you have been accident free.

Thanks folks. The only prob is some moron reversed along the side and drove off, so I had to make a claim. I guess that would screw that idea up. Plus my employer changed at the start of the year after a buyover so its not like ive been continually with the same insurers.

The cheapest ive found so far is with budget they have quoted

Thanks folks. The only prob is some moron reversed along the side and drove off, so I had to make a claim. I guess that would screw that idea up. Plus my employer changed at the start of the year after a buyover so its not like ive been continually with the same insurers.

The cheapest ive found so far is with budget they have quoted

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

I have used "Commercial Vehicle Direct" for the last few years, fully comp with free breakdown + recovery (amongst other benefits) which i used a few times with my 2nd hand van without any hassle. They have provided me with good value for money over the last 3 years or so, i currently run a Vauxhall Vivaro on a fully serviced lease deal and the price of cover only went up very slightly. I wont tell you how much i am paying exactly but its a lot lot cheaper than your current quote.

Contact them on 0870 751 8185 quoting "Recommendation 5000" which i believe helps me out somewhere along the line (extra discount or something).

I have used "Commercial Vehicle Direct" for the last few years, fully comp with free breakdown + recovery (amongst other benefits) which i used a few times with my 2nd hand van without any hassle. They have provided me with good value for money over the last 3 years or so, i currently run a Vauxhall Vivaro on a fully serviced lease deal and the price of cover only went up very slightly. I wont tell you how much i am paying exactly but its a lot lot cheaper than your current quote.

Contact them on 0870 751 8185 quoting "Recommendation 5000" which i believe helps me out somewhere along the line (extra discount or something).

Have they got a web site Ian? I suppose I should shop around for my company vans.

Archived