Security Installer Community

Alarm Activation/deactivation Keyfobs

Guest Trulloman
One of our customers has an external MAX reader and maglock on the entry door, they cannot enter the building unless the system has been unset via the MAX reader. No chance of false alarms due to entry route deviation, staff entering wrong code etc.

If all alarms were controlled like this it would get rid of all custmer errors overnight, could be a bit difficult in a house on part set though.

Just done a school with groups and interfaced the alarm to the access system. When a group is set the set output kills power to the external readers of that group to stop staff wandering into a secure area. Before you ask, the reader on the final exit stays active.

We installed a Menvier 2500 to a large site about 5 months ago and integrated it into the Paxton Net2 access control. Absolutely suberb, not had any problems whatsoever

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

We installed a Menvier 2500 to a large site about 5 months ago and integrated it into the Paxton Net2 access control. Absolutely suberb, not had any problems whatsoever

How did you do the integration? Paxton salesmen told me @ IFSEC2005 that their access control can not control alarms except with separate readers dedicated to alarm controlling only..

How did you do the integration? Paxton salesmen told me @ IFSEC2005 that their access control can not control alarms except with separate readers dedicated to alarm controlling only..

Then they told you wrong. It is in the software. You just programme a particular reader to trigger the alarm set/unset. When you arrive in the morning to open up if the alarm is armed it will unset. When you want to set, you use the same reader that you have been using all day to get in, but have to press a dedicated bell push linked to the Net2, which sets the alarm (presenting a fob to the reader opens a window of opportunity for pushing the bell if I remember correctly).

Actually, I think there is way with a dedicated reader as well, but we have used the way mentioned above.

I looked at it but wasn't sure about the quality. Would be interested to hear views of anyone who has fitted them

Paul

We are doing 2 small retail insalls this coming week where we are using this. However, we have just been informed that GardTec, bless them, have not had the Z&L brackets in stock since October :realmad:

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Option 6.4.2 using a shunt lock is preferred but not ideal as most retail space has alli doors.

We fit monitored locks on ali doors or get a adams rite monitored replacement for the existing lock.

Prox not if i can help it.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Then they told you wrong. It is in the software. You just programme a particular reader to trigger the alarm set/unset. When you arrive in the morning to open up if the alarm is armed it will unset. When you want to set, you use the same reader that you have been using all day to get in, but have to press a dedicated bell push linked to the Net2, which sets the alarm (presenting a fob to the reader opens a window of opportunity for pushing the bell if I remember correctly).

Actually, I think there is way with a dedicated reader as well, but we have used the way mentioned above.

We are doing 2 small retail insalls this coming week where we are using this. However, we have just been informed that GardTec, bless them, have not had the Z&L brackets in stock since October :realmad:

i might remember it wrong and you are correct in what you say. here in coldshire we have a usual way that access control counts how many people in which part of building are and sets / unsets the areas according if there are people present. that of course requires that acces control areas match with IAS areas.

and yes i know what happens if someone forgets to present his tag while going out, but that will be done by cleaning the "logged in " status at some spesific times.

Hello all,

I can confirm that there are 2 ways to set the alarm when integrating with Net2; either with an additional exit button used in conjunction with an every day Access In/Out reader or using a dedicated alarm reader and ACU.

Here's a link to the application note on our web site that explains it in more detail.

http://www.paxton.co.uk/docs/Application%20notes/AN1035.pdf

Chris Durrant

Paxton Access Ltd

Follow this link for important legal information

• 1 month later...
Guest CHRISATBSS

HI

NO BUT YOU CAN GET REMOTE SET UNSET UNITS JUST LIKE A CAR LOCKING KEYFOB

THESE ARE JUST PLAIN LOOKING KEYRINGS SOME LOOK LIKE A TEAR DROP WHICH YOU OFFER UP TO A KEYPAD OR PROXIMITY READER TO set AND UNSET YOUR ALARM

CHRIS

Aren't they a bit risky?

I'm seem to remember reading a few years ago how car thieves could "save" the details from a remote central locking fob.

Is this correct?

If I remember correctly too, it was with a cheap watch?!

Archived