Security Installer Community

Hello form CQR Technical

Guest cqr dave

Guest cqr dave

alarmguard.......you are right with your last comment......we are revamping customer services at this very moment.

Regards

Dave

Guest granleyss

Dave I am sick of trying to ring your offices and nobody knows but Does CQR do two tone sounder not piezos (external) thanks

Guest cqr dave

Yes we do several of the horn type sounders,

CQR's Phonenix range provides a comprehensive choice of electronic sounders covering the different sound outputs for all applications.

SO 6012 and the SO 812 and SO 812IC are all designed to be fitted indoors or outdoors in an external housing.

If you visit www.cqr.co.uk and go to internal sounders you will see these products and specifications.

Hope this helps,

Dave

Guest lucylastic

i only come across sentra when sub contracting , doesnt answer the question Dave ,resistors either end of the cable is bad , if it needs resistors shouldn't they be built in to the circuit board

RE manufacturers in forum , I 've never had to call the makers of the boxes i use in fifteen years , that says it all , no problems no need for forum

Guest cqr dave

Hi again,

alarmguard.......you can call 0151 606 1000 or visit www.cqr.co.uk and follow the support links for contact information.

lucylastic.......the resistors have been used with some models of our bell boxes for many years by major security companies......because this is the only cost effective way to ensure 100% compatability with all the various panels that they use. They know that not all control panel manufacturers will build in this technology because some markets they sell to do not require it. So we have provided trigger wire monitoring using resistors for those companies for many years.

However, due to changes in the PD662 we have added this feature to our mainstream boxes. This is about compliance. We already know other sounder manufacturers are already doing this to meet compliance.

For instance, if you cut the hold off voltage to the bellbox the bell or siren should sound or if you cut the tamper return the alarm would indicate tamper, however on certain installations you could cut or damage just the trigger wires and neither the bell or the control panel would know. Hence why trigger wire monitoring was introduced. A simple resistor installed in the control panel between hold off supply and the bell trigger output is all that is required for the sounder to monitor that wire to the bell.

The boxes you may have come across in the last fifteen years probably never had or needed trigger wire monitoring but, for future compliance they will.

We will however facilitate in future designs have an easy way to switch off the trigger wire monitoring for non compliant installations.

Some panel manufacturers have or are building the facility in the panel so in some instances the resistors are not required in the panel because they are built in.

We do listen to engineers like yourself and we endeavour to make compliant products as simple to install as possible.

Hope this answers you question in detail.

Regards

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a pair of CQR cutters. Had them for ages and they've never let me down. Very comfortable to hold and theyv'e got a distinctive red/black colour which goes nicely with my set of screwdrivers (sadly not CQR).

Service Engineer

My opinions may not reflect those of my employer, managers, colleagues, customers, friends, family or pet rabbit.

Archived