Security Installer Community

How much showing cable is too much showing cable?

Guest graale00

Guest graale00

Hello Everyone,

I have just finished installing a Texecom Veritas8C in my own home and I can't decide wether I have too much cable showing.

For example in one bedroom because of Coving, I have dropped the detector underneath and have two cables running out of the ceiling a good 2 inches against the coving and in the other bedroom have around an inch of cable showing above the detector.

What do you think? No biggy or a pain in the rear?

Thanks Alex

No Cable for me, and I am sure the others will agree.

Using a long thin drill bit drill slowly behind the coving and re-feed the cable down. Otherwise carefully chase out, fill with filler and paint.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

If i did an install and i could see any cable i would not be a happy chapy.

Ok in a garage or in the loft space i would surface clip every 9" but never show any in the main part of the house.

I have spent hours with a coat hanger with a hook on the end in a hole in the wall trying to fish a cable just to get the job right.

No Cable for me, and I am sure the others will agree.

Using a long thin drill bit drill slowly behind the coving and re-feed the cable down. Otherwise carefully chase out, fill with filler and paint.

Same here.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

WHile we are on this topic, anybody know a supplier of wire coat hangers, getting a bit low and the suspended ceiling wire is not quite the same and plastic coat hangers well just very un-engineer friendley.

I think we need to arrange a demonstration at the gates of the wire coat factory, to show our support.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Guest Cerberus NI
WHile we are on this topic, anybody know a supplier of wire coat hangers, getting a bit low and the suspended ceiling wire is not quite the same and plastic coat hangers well just very un-engineer friendley.

I think we need to arrange a demonstration at the gates of the wire coat factory, to show our support.

Good point!!What a multi-purpose tool the wire coathanger is - it opens my trap door,decimates the monster that lurks around the U-bend and clogs the flushing water,opens car doors in the movies....... :hmm:

Archived