Security Installer Community

Accenta 8

Guest Dave B

Have just had a power cut which caused the alrm to go off and now the system has been reset the keypad tones have stopped when pressing the keys and on the entry/exit timers. Is there a method of checking the keypad or is it possible to turn the tones on and off?

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dave B @ Oct 29 2005, 03:41 PM) 73756[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Have just had a power cut which caused the alrm to go off and now the system has been reset the keypad tones have stopped when pressing the keys and on the entry/exit timers. Is there a method of checking the keypad or is it possible to turn the tones on and off?

Hi Dave

My first question is when was it last serviced? if the answer is over four years then the fault will most certainly be the battery.

If your lucky the control panel will still be ok, if your not so lucky the charging circuit will be u/s and the control panel will require replacement.

My advice would be to call your installer.

Pete

I ay have mistook you Pete but the tones did work post the power cut, I have tried knocking the supply off and the keypad remains lve therefore I don't think its the battery. I installed the system myself and its only been in for 3 years.

Is it possible that I could have turned the tones off by mistake ? theres nothng mentioned in the installation / user guide

the keypad doesnt beep when you press the buttons when it is in a 'tamper condition' - this could be either the common tamper, the bell tamper or lid, keypad tamper or battery fault.

Thanks for advice but there is no tamper lights lit and all seems to be operating correctly apart from the keypad tones

Guest CHRISATBSS
Thanks for advice but there is no tamper lights lit and all seems to be operating correctly apart from the keypad tones

you say no keypad tones but it works ok does this mean you have a extention speaker on it if not how do you know it is working if you press the reset button and there is a fault still on it the panel it will lock the keypad and no tones will be heard from the panel at all

sounds like there ids a tamper fault try down powering and power back up again and see if your code turns it off and if any tones come from the keyad if so and then you press reset and then keypad locks up you have a tamper fault on the alarm

and for the battery it may only be 3 years old but that doesnt mean anything ive had 6 month old batteries fail and even before thay had been fitted to a panel

you say no keypad tones but it works ok does this mean you have a extention speaker on it if not how do you know it is working if you press the reset button and there is a fault still on it the panel it will lock the keypad and no tones will be heard from the panel at all

sounds like there ids a tamper fault try down powering and power back up again and see if your code turns it off and if any tones come from the keyad if so and then you press reset and then keypad locks up you have a tamper fault on the alarm

and for the battery it may only be 3 years old but that doesnt mean anything ive had 6 month old batteries fail and even before thay had been fitted to a panel

Many thanks for your response. I do not have an additional speaker fitted, but have tried disconnecting the mains input and can set the system, go out for a few hours whilst it is on battery only and return and enter my code and it returns to day mode, the only problem i appear to have is that the entry / exit tones as well as the the keypad tones do not sound from the RKP. I presume from this test that the battery is ok,therefore am I correct in summising that the keypad speaker is defective or I have somehow managed to turn it off. If i enter without entering the code the external alarm sounds after 30s which is what it is set at on the entry / exit timer.

Guest Peter James

Your not listening!

Down power system including mains and battery, power up MAINS ONLY.

If the keypad tones return throw away battery get new one problem solved (assuming that your panel is still able of charging the new battery.

Peter

If you installed it and you have the engineer codes why not do a physical fault diagnostic on the panel and wiring. Check your voltages on input AC and aux DC+ sounds like the panel is not receiving the correct voltage to operate properly. This could be down to many things. Did your power go off due to electrical storm or was it out of the blue. :hmm:

Your not listening!

Down power system including mains and battery, power up MAINS ONLY.

If the keypad tones return throw away battery get new one problem solved (assuming that your panel is still able of charging the new battery.

Peter

*dons recycling hat

What he said, but please don't 'throw away' the battery, take it to the refuse centre and do it properly in the correct container :)

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived