Security Installer Community

SD1 Speech Dialer/9448+ & new Broadband connection

Guest JD

I have an SD1+ installed here on an adsl line with no filter and works a treat!

Then you really should get a professional in to the jobs for you if you are unfamiliar with the correct procedures.

I had a few with ADSLl fitted with a sd1 and not one worked had to filter every one.

The best way is to take the line into the panel and then out to the sd1 and fit the filter inside the panel as 9 times out of 10 its wired into the rear incoming side of the bt socket.

Guest Raymond

Hang on - if the SD1 is fitted to the line side of the Linebox, surely that's agaist the rules? Forgetting the fact there's no bell circuit to worry about - if an NTE5 is fitted, how can the customers' installation ever opened to be isolated then the lower panel is removed?

He means take the line from the NT5e into the panel then back out the panel on to all the other devices/extensions, with filters fitted appropriately where needed.

You sure about that? I think it means fit the filter for the SD1 in the panel and run all the other extensions from the NTE and filter as required. Doing it your way the customer is then stuck with only being able to use the ADSL modem in the master socket unless you come along and unfilter all the extensions for them.

Then you really should get a professional in to the jobs for you if you are unfamiliar with the correct procedures.
:slackjaw1:

Looks like I'm the only one this has worked for then. The only time I've had to put a filter on is for a remote access panel, if I've put a filter on I'll always put the dialler the filtered side as it saves dropping the adsl signal off the line but I've never had to filter a dialler for the sake of it.... maybe I'll come across it one day... but until that day I'm not adding something to the price which at the moment I don't see a real need for on my installations.... no ripping the customer off..... now that's proffessional!!!!!!

Anyone's welcome to have a look at any of my installs... there all top dog!!! Been to me hairdresser's lately Stu??? :police:

"Young man, there's a place you can go.

I said, young man, when you're short on your dough.

You can stay there, and I'm sure you will find

Many ways to have a good time"

"It's fun to stay at the Y-M-C-A.

It's fun to stay at the Y-M-C-A......" LOL!!! (Revenge for telling Ammanda I was Gay)

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Looks like I'm the only one this has worked for then. The only time I've had to put a filter on is for a remote access panel, if I've put a filter on I'll always put the dialler the filtered side as it saves dropping the adsl signal off the line but I've never had to filter a dialler for the sake of it.... maybe I'll come across it one day... but until that day I'm not adding something to the price which at the moment I don't see a real need for on my installations....

I'm appalled. :no:

You don't need an earth in electrical systems for them to work, but we all fit them, alarms work without tamper loops, but we all fit them. Just because it works doesn't mean it's right.

(Revenge for telling Ammanda I was Gay)

You deny it, yet you know all the words to YMCA. :hmm:

OK, that was funny!

Regarding filters, we fit them on all digi connections and SD's with ADSL. We have found that bizarre things happen with the signals if we don't. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Just like you have to fit a filter to each telephone, you need to fit one to alarm communication gear. Not going to take the risk that one day a signal fails to send, or an abort doesn't go through causing false police call-out.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Archived