Security Installer Community

Veritas 8c "24HR" red light

Guest Fazley

Anyone? I can't believe that just by opening the plastic flap I've done something that requires an £80 engineer bill to fix it! If that's the case, I don't want the damn thing!

That little system protects all your worldly goods against thieves and scoundrels, I bet it would cost more than £80 to replace them........ :whistle:

BUT, for the record and because i'm such a kind soul, here's how to repair it assuming it's the panel tamper switch.

There is a small switch behind the top flap in the middle, if the panel is fixed to an uneven wall this can cause enough twist in the case to make the switch pop open if disturbed.

under the top flap there are 2 small screws, remove them and pull the top of the panel towards you and the cover will hinge open, you will see the switch at the top of the circuit board, give the spring on it a little streach and then reassemble.

make sure the lid is back on correctly then press reset and the 24 hour light will then extinguish.

It would be advisable to have the system serviced as the batteries and other components will need testing to make sure they are functioning correctly.

better do this sooner rather than later as compared to the price of a replacement panel and labour to change it a service will be considerably cheaper.

Hope this helps

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

I fit these panels all the time, chances are the screws at the top of the panel have been overtightened and stripped the threads on the plastic casing.

do as bellman suggests and then check the screws tightening when replacing cover. If not, find some suitable replacements.

I find some 3/4 inch No6 or 8 do the trick nicely :whistle:

Trade Member

Anyone? I can't believe that just by opening the plastic flap I've done something that requires an £80 engineer bill to fix it! If that's the case, I don't want the damn thing!

Hi

I can feel for you with this one and can understand your reaction, however, if you follow bellmans advice you will learn a few things about your alarm and may even fix it. At worst its still broken. For £80 you might have a fully repaired working alarm that gives you peace of mind and the confidence to use it.

If it puts you off having an alarm at all would you still have peace of mind when leaving your house unattended?

If you had a new alarm installed it would cost alot more than £80 the desision is yours, but don't get stressed out over it.

Best wishes

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

Hi

I can feel for you with this one and can understand your reaction, however, if you follow bellmans advice you will learn a few things about your alarm and may even fix it. At worst its still broken. For £80 you might have a fully repaired working alarm that gives you peace of mind and the confidence to use it.

If it puts you off having an alarm at all would you still have peace of mind when leaving your house unattended?

If you had a new alarm installed it would cost alot more than £80 the desision is yours, but don't get stressed out over it.

Best wishes

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. It's just that having spent SO much money buying and furnishing a house, another 80 odd quid is quite unwelcome!

Thank you all for your help.

Archived