Security Installer Community

Accord XPC Problem (was ADT)

Guest Polybear

Guest Polybear

Hi,

Can anyone help with advising me of the //.National Installer.// Engineer Code for an Accord XPC panel please? It's an ex. - //.National Installer.// System. I've tried the factory default setting without success; I have the Master User code. I've got a copy of the Installation Manual so could do it by removing the supplies etc. method but would prefer to do it (a) without activating the tamper and waking the locals, and (B) crashing the system and having to reprogram from scratch. If there's anyone out there that can help then I'm quite happy to do it off-forum if necessary (via email or telephone landline). Many thanks.

Polybear. :hmm:

Messing around with a system, just because you have the engineer manual, can cause a lot more problems than what you are trying to solve.

If is an //.National Installer.// system there are various settings that will need to be changed in order that the system can become useable.

I would suggest that you get an engineer to do a one off service and defult/program the system to your exact neeeds. It wont cost that much £45 to £75 depending on where you are in the country.

As above. No defaulting information or user codes will be given out on this forum. I will be extremely shocked and disappointed if you find anyone who will give you an engineers code to help you out, because as I am sure you appreciate, it will compromise more than just your system.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

I've got a copy of the Installation Manual so could do it by removing the supplies etc.

70969[/snapback]

As engineer codes vary from company to company it could be anything, but you are asking somebody to put their job on the line, ask yourself if you would do this for somebody you have never meet.

If you have the manuals it could take you alot longer than a engineer who knows what they are doing and takes less than a hour to do the job, before you decide to have ago with your engineers manual phone around and get a approx cost.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Guest Polybear

Thanks for the replies. A few points:

Messing around with a system, just because you have the engineer manual, can cause a lot more problems than what you are trying to solve. If is an //.National Installer.// system there are various settings that will need to be changed in order that the system can become useable.

- I won't be "messing around with the system". All I want to do is be able to change from the //.National Installer.// installed Engineer Code to one of my own. Why? Cos' we're pretty disillusioned at spending 192 quid a year for a "basic" support package which literally means that all we get is a service once a year. It took the last //.National Installer.// engineer about half an hour. And I thought Plumbers were expensive...

And as for call-outs/breakdowns etc., we get charged extra.

The system is already usable, and has no external links to monitoring stations///.National Installer.// etc. so changing other settings doesn't apply in this instance.

I would suggest that you get an engineer to do a one off service and defult/program the system to your exact neeeds. It wont cost that much £45 to £75 depending on where you are in the country.

I can default the system no problem, and reprogram it as required. Been there, got the tee-sheet etc. on a Paragon panel.

No defaulting information or user codes will be given out on this forum. I will be extremely shocked and disappointed if you find anyone who will give you an engineers code to help you out, because as I am sure you appreciate, it will compromise more than just your system.

That's why I offered the option of off-line email/telephone contact. And if an XPC panel has been set using anything other than the Engineer Code, anyone having the Engineer Code won't be able to disable the system. And if the alarm isn't set, the code isn't required anyway....

Hope someone out there can help please....

Thanks.

Polybear.

Guest Polybear

Just been reading the installation manual for the XPC a little deeper. When in day mode I can remove the ******(tamper activated) then silence the alarm ********. Then remove **************** panel, *********** panel and do a couple of key selections. The panel will then default the Engineer and Master User codes to the factory settings. The best bit? The rest of the programming isn't affected.

Polybear.

Edit: Sorry Polybear, engineers already know this information and as said previously there is no place for providing default information on this forum, regardless of whether you put the entire method or just 90% of it.

Thanks for the replies. A few points:

Messing around with a system, just because you have the engineer manual, can cause a lot more problems than what you are trying to solve. If is an //.National Installer.// system there are various settings that will need to be changed in order that the system can become useable.

- I won't be "messing around with the system". All I want to do is be able to change from the //.National Installer.// installed Engineer Code to one of my own. Why? Cos' we're pretty disillusioned at spending 192 quid a year for a "basic" support package which literally means that all we get is a service once a year. It took the last //.National Installer.// engineer about half an hour. And I thought Plumbers were expensive...

And as for call-outs/breakdowns etc., we get charged extra.

The system is already usable, and has no external links to monitoring stations///.National Installer.// etc. so changing other settings doesn't apply in this instance.

I can default the system no problem, and reprogram it as required. Been there, got the tee-sheet etc. on a Paragon panel.

If thats the case then why ask for help then, this doesn't seem correct.

No defaulting information or user codes will be given out on this forum. I will be extremely shocked and disappointed if you find anyone who will give you an engineers code to help you out, because as I am sure you appreciate, it will compromise more than just your system.

That's why I offered the option of off-line email/telephone contact. And if an XPC panel has been set using anything other than the Engineer Code, anyone having the Engineer Code won't be able to disable the system. And if the alarm isn't set, the code isn't required anyway....

If the system is set then the engineer code will not unset it.

Hope someone out there can help please....

Thanks.

Polybear.

71089[/snapback]

we're pretty disillusioned at spending 192 quid a year for a "basic" support package which literally means that all we get is a service once a year.

£16 per month or £3.70 per week or £0.53 per day to have full support at the other end of a phone 24/7 365 days per year where should a an engineer be required you will get one, within 4 hours was what you were paying for, not just the anual service.

Try taking a maintenance contract out for your heating/plumbing and see what that costs.

Good life insurance costs that a month, putting it into perspective.

Guest Polybear

Hi,

If thats the case then why ask for help then, this doesn't seem correct

At the time of writing the email it was correct. I've subsequently sent another email (edited by "Zak") which makes it clear that I'm now able to reset the Engineer Code to factory settings easily and without having to reprogram the entire panel. This is what I was afraid I would have to do by crashing the system etc. and was the original reason for asking for the Engineer Code.

If the system is set then the engineer code will not unset it

That's what I've already said in the email.

£16 per month or £3.70 per week or £0.53 per day to have full support at the other end of a phone 24/7 365 days per year where should a an engineer be required you will get one, within 4 hours was what you were paying for, not just the anual service.

How much does RAC/AA etc. breakdown & rescue cover cost? A hell of a lot less than that. And they don't bill you on top of what you have already paid. Presumably the only thing that the 192 quid would get (apart from the annual service once a year) is a promise of support within 4 hours (and if they come later than 4 hours do you get your annual fee back? Doubt it). Since //.National Installer.// "full support" wouldn't entail giving out the Engineer Code over the phone, there would be little the user could do without an engineer call-out anyway. And 4 hours at 3am with the Siren going.....

I'd love to know what the //.National Installer.// call-out fees are like; do they get really interesting on Sundays/Holidays/Christmas Day..........

About the only risk I can see when giving out Engineer Codes is that the uninformed user would completely screw up the programming. Just the sort of thing that would provide the Pro. Alarm Engineers busy....

If you had a car and wanted to pump the tyres up, only to be told by the trade that "we don't give out tyre pressure information sir; bring it in and we'll do it for you for 30 quid", then I'd guess that you wouldn't be too keen.

Polybear.

Polybear,

If you were issued with any company's engineer code it would compromise the whole contract base of the said company. ie. you nip into your local diy superstore and ABC alarms has a keypad by the back door, you then enter your known engineer code and make a few amendments to the system, voila you are back that night with a van and Bob's your close relative. You have been offered some good advice, you choose to question it, good for you but the answer still stands, get a pro in. A fully comprehensive agreement with any company will have exclusions, even the AA and RAC. Comparing putting air in your tyres to programming your alarm is a little disturbing but I am sure you were only trying to make a point. May I ask what line of business you are in?

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived