Security Installer Community

Key Storage

Guest DazBarber

Guest DazBarber

Hello!

I have just moved into a new house and have been given a huge envolope of keys by the Estate Agent.

I've put the important ones on my keyring (which is now at bursting point) but wondered what the opinion of other posters would be for the best way to store the remaining keys.

Should I buy a 'lockable key box' or would this be too easy for the would-be thief who would find the keys in one place should he/she break in?

Should I scatter them lightly around the house and risk never being able to find the key I want?

A key rack?

Carry them at all times?

What would be the most practical and security-conscious option?

Many thanks,

Daz

Or get a locksmith to change the locks and have them all keyed alike.

You should DEFINITELY change the front door locks (and any other locks on external doors if not bolted from within).

What are all the keys for?

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

You should DEFINITELY change the front door locks (and any other locks on external doors if not bolted from within).

70426[/snapback]

QFA

A Reputable Locksmith will easily be able to do this for you, And it's the quickest and easiest way to regain control of your keys as you don't know who else has one. :fear:

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

What are all the keys for?

70426[/snapback]

Just remember though if you have them all keyed alike, LOOSE ONE and they have free access to your home.

But as stated you should have all the entry point door locks changed, so that you know exactly how many keys are in being. But i wouldn't agree they should be keyed alike.

Archived